It looks like the only way to avoid this, is to install the Webex Meetings application centrally and suppress it popping up in the installer arguments. If you don't it just rudely presumes you want it on your computer.

Anyone find a way to stop this?

Adam
Re: Webex Meetings Application [ In reply to ]
I think the only way to avoid this is to use the browser version.

The only way I've found that the browser version is consistently used is to go to the host site webpage, e.g. acme.webex.com and put in the information and then say "always use browser"

Not sure how good that is saved across sessions.

[cid:image001.png@01D5745A.21B5AA10]

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

Is anyone aware of a way to suppress the Webex Meetings application installing and opening itself on a workstation after joining a meeting? It seems to do this when launching a meeting join from Jabber, opening yet another thing on the station that connects to Webex or appears on the desktop. I'm fine with that happening for persons who join a meeting directly as that's on them to choose to do so, but, for my Jabber users I would prefer it not to be launching another end-around application or running something else at startup on the computer just because they'd dared to join a meeting.