Mailing List Archive

CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video
Where is there a definitive list of what is Immersive? Is a Room 55 Immersive?

From my training the left is 88xx video and right were products formerly made by Tandberg such as Room 55/DX80/SX80/MX300 etc

In a Room 55 trying to figure out if it is left or right side.

[cid:image001.png@01D53FFD.7EFF3D30]

-jason

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer"
Re: CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video [ In reply to ]
Did you already change the value of Service Parameter: Use Video
BandwidthPool for Immersive Video Calls?

The classification is per version of CUCM, and thus can be queried in
CUCM. See below from SRND.

*Endpoint Classification*
Cisco TelePresence endpoints have a fixed non-configurable Video Call
Traffic Class of immersive and are identified by Unified CM as *immersive*.
Telepresence endpoints are defined in Unified CM by the device type. When a
device is added in Unified CM, any device with TelePresence in the name of
the device type is classified as *immersive*, as are the generic
single-screen and multi-screen room systems. Another way to check the
capabilities of the endpoints in the Unified CM is to go to the *Cisco
Unified Reporting Tool > System Reports > Unified CM Phone Feature List*.
In the feature drop down list, select *Immersive Video Support for
TelePresence Devices* ; in the product drop down list, select *All*. This
will display all of the device types that are classified as *immersive*.
All other endpoints have a fixed Video Call Traffic Class of *desktop* due
to their lack of the non-configurable *immersive *attribute.

Source: CUCM 11.x SRND
<https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/cac.html#pgfId-1489913>

Re: CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video [ In reply to ]
Very interesting!

I will have to look this up.

Good thread.

-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 6:51 PM Jason Aarons (Americas) <jason.aarons@dimensiondata.com<mailto:jason.aarons@dimensiondata.com>> wrote:

Where is there a definitive list of what is Immersive? Is a Room 55 Immersive?

From my training the left is 88xx video and right were products formerly made by Tandberg such as Room 55/DX80/SX80/MX300 etc

In a Room 55 trying to figure out if it is left or right side.

<image001.png>

-jason

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer"<http://www.dimensiondata.com/Global/Policies/Pages/Email-Disclaimer.aspx>
Re: CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video [ In reply to ]
I can’t recall a new product from the Oslo team that said Telepresence it. The last products where Cisco TelePresence DX70, Cisco Telepresence MX200 G2 etc. The larger 3 panel half table conference room we all identify as Telepresence blah.

New huddle space products customers like are the Cisco Webex Board 55, Cisco Webex Room 55/70. Based on testing these WebEx Room blah are no longer Immersive Video (on right in Regions) but just video endpoints similar to a 8845/8865.

Guess I was going by the video screen size. Big meant Telepresence. Struggle was TAC SE didn’t know what Immersive Video vs Video was. The CCIE Collab lab is pretty clear the 8845/65 are just video as you have tasks related to regions.

[...]

From my training the left is 88xx video and right were products formerly made by Tandberg such as Room 55/DX80/SX80/MX300 etc

In a Room 55 trying to figure out if it is left or right side.

[cid:image001.png@01D540B0.469D3FB0]

-jason

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer"<http://www.dimensiondata.com/Global/Policies/Pages/Email-Disclaimer.aspx>

itevomcid
Re: CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video [ In reply to ]
Interesting… Quite a few phones support immersive.

And I just found out I’ve got 2 tbps (terabits, not tablespoons) of immersive video bandwidth. Woo Hoo!

What are people using for default region settings? Assume all are high speed, low latency connections (except for off-premise).

---
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

[...]

From my training the left is 88xx video and right were products formerly made by Tandberg such as Room 55/DX80/SX80/MX300 etc

In a Room 55 trying to figure out if it is left or right side.

[cid:image002.png@01D54137.9B8FB1B0]

Re: CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video [ In reply to ]
I agree that the name isn't as useful anymore, but did you run the report?
If so, do you feel the report is accurate, or are you noticing something is
wrong with it?

Also, you didn't mention if you switched your Service Param over or not,
else, everything uses non-immersive video by default.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 4:11 PM Jason Aarons (Americas) <

Re: CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video [ In reply to ]
I usually do 6000 across the board. This pretty much maxes out any
endpoint.

Re: CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video [ In reply to ]
Here is the report, but testing confirmed a Cisco WebEx Room 55 is not an Immersive Video endpoint. Sort of opposite of what below indicates.

[cid:image001.png@01D541A5.C71662C0]

Jason Aarons, CCIEx2 No. 38564, MCSE: Communications
Advanced Technical Consultant
Dimension Data
M: +1-904-338-3245 mobile/whatsApp
T: +1-954-517-2033 office/Miramar
x62033 Miramar
Call My Video Unit 62033@rccl.com<mailto:62033@rccl.com>

Together we do great things.
Dimension Data has joined 28 expert companies to become NTT.
Our transition to the NTT brand will be complete soon. Visit us at hello.global.ntt<https://hello.global.ntt/?elqTrackId=3F7027E56EB15D03DBADE8E3418458AD&elq=a39c94d982094528a3908202d287fc13&elqaid=5286&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=2994>

[...]

From my training the left is 88xx video and right were products formerly made by Tandberg such as Room 55/DX80/SX80/MX300 etc

In a Room 55 trying to figure out if it is left or right side.

[cid:image002.png@01D541A5.C71662C0]

Re: CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video [ In reply to ]
What testing did you do? Just curious. Do we know what “immersive video support” actually means? Does it mean you need to be talking to an actual IX device to get the support?

Also – I noticed this. Is your SIP profile set up with Immersive?

[cid:image001.png@01D541B3.F4704ED0]

P.S. I have _no_ idea what I’m talking about. These are just guesses.

---
[...]

From my training the left is 88xx video and right were products formerly made by Tandberg such as Room 55/DX80/SX80/MX300 etc

In a Room 55 trying to figure out if it is left or right side.

[cid:image005.png@01D541B2.FC403C70]

Re: CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video [ In reply to ]
On the surface it would seem as though the list is a liar, but I still
don't think you've answered my question on whether or not you've enabled
the use of the immersive pool.

What is your CallManager Service Parameter for Use Video BandwidthPool for
Immersive Video Calls set to? The default is to not use the immersive
configuration, which could explain why you're noticing certain devices not
using immersive that you would otherwise think would.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 9:28 PM Jason Aarons (Americas) <

Re: CUCM 12.5 Regions > Max Session Bit Rate for Video vs Immersive Video [ In reply to ]
According to the SRND:

*For TelePresence endpoints there is a non-configurable Video Call Traffic
Class of immersive assigned to the endpoint. A SIP trunk can be classified
as desktop, immersive, or mixed video in order to deduct bandwidth
reservations of a SIP trunk call. All other endpoints and trunks have a
non-configurable Video Call Traffic Class of desktop video. *

Source: CUCM SRND 11.x
<https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/cac.html#pgfId-1489910>

So, as you can see, this SIP Profile setting is for SIP Trunks only. It's
kind of like how Device Pools have some settings for phones, and some
settings for Gateways/Trunks, and the UI doesn't hide
applicable/non-applicable settings depending on how/where you assigned it.

[cid:image002.png@01D5423A.F4E56B70]

[...]

From my training the left is 88xx video and right were products formerly made by Tandberg such as Room 55/DX80/SX80/MX300 etc

In a Room 55 trying to figure out if it is left or right side.

[cid:image004.png@01D5423A.F4E56B70]