I found the following document, which we have checked and hasn't helped:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/118750-technote-jabber-00.html

Many thanks

James

Consider the environment - Think before you print

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient and may not be disclosed. Although it is believed that this email and any attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient to confirm this.

You are advised that urgent, time-sensitive communications should not be sent by email. We hereby give you notice that a delivery receipt does not constitute acknowledgement or receipt by the intended recipient(s).

Details of Charles Stanley group companies and their regulators (where applicable), can be found at this URL http://www.charles-stanley.co.uk/contact-us/disclosure/
Re: Cisco Jabber / Outlook Presence Status [ In reply to ]
This might have something to do with how default protocol handlers are configured.

From my reading, default protocol handlers are switched every time software is installed.

So, if someone installs Skype (for Business) _after_ you’ve installed Jabber, Outlook looks to Skype for presence information.

Take a look here for details on how to check.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_0/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber-12/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber-12_chapter_010011.html

-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

I have an issue whereby some of our users Jabber presence integration works fine in Outlook, but others are greyed out with no apparent difference in configuraiotn.

Re: Cisco Jabber / Outlook Presence Status [ In reply to ]
Also make sure proxyAddresses are set correctly for the users-
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/jabber-windows/116152-problemsolution-product-00.html

Re: Cisco Jabber / Outlook Presence Status [ In reply to ]
Ah – good article.

And even _better_ name! Bruno Van Turnhout is on my top ten list now.

---
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

Re: Cisco Jabber / Outlook Presence Status [ In reply to ]
Your own name is on my top ten list, Lelio Fulgenzi!