Mailing List Archive

CallManager Device > Gateway H323 > Called Party Transformation
Updating the phone display for Called Party (eg I dial 9,383-1111 and want the display to show To 383-1111). The phone display can be manipulated by the Called Party Transformation applied to H323 gateway right? Not just the route/patten/route list details.

See Figure 11.25
http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1745737&seqNum=8
Re: CallManager Device > Gateway H323 > Called Party Transformation [ In reply to ]
I've been looking into this as well and I don't think thats right... I
initially thought the same thing but from what I was reading
transformations are unidirectional and translations on the patterns are
still displayed on the phone display for outbound calls. Mark Snow did a
nice writeup on this on his blog, I may have misread and I need to lab it
to completely understand but as I recall that was the theory.... Not sure
which writeup it was (1-3) that he covered it. Ya it's old but still a good
read if you haven't.

http://blog.ine.com/2009/12/07/building-global-dial-plans-in-cucm7-part-i-globalization/

Re: CallManager Device > Gateway H323 > Called Party Transformation [ In reply to ]
It's always the called party's Xformation which affects the displayed
number. So, for an incoming call from the PSTN, it going to be the calling
part X.Form on the Phone.

--Divin

From: Ted Nugent <tednugent73@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday 21 August 2012 8:35 AM
To: "Jason Aarons (AM)" <jason.aarons@dimensiondata.com>
Cc: "cisco-voip (cisco-voip@puck.nether.net)" <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CallManager Device > Gateway H323 > Called Party
Transformation

Re: CallManager Device > Gateway H323 > Called Party Transformation [ In reply to ]
I tested this in my lab and the outbound called party Xfrom on the gateway
does NOT change the phone display as a Strip PreDot would on a RP or RL