1001 wants to call 1000 but can not call because of the forwarding
mechanism. Could you explain some solutions to solve this problem?

Regards,
Re: Cisco IP Phones Forwarding [ In reply to ]
Is 1000 call forward all to 1001 ?

From: cisco-voip-bounces@puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Cagri Ergul
Sent: Tuesday, 7 August 2012 3:12 PM
To: cisco-voip@puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] Cisco IP Phones Forwarding

Hi,

I want to ask that is there a way of calling people who forwarded his Cisco IP Phone to his assistant. For example the manager phone is 1000 and the assistant phone is 1001. 1000 is forwarded to 1001 all time. But sometimes 1001 wants to call 1000 but can not call because of the forwarding mechanism. Could you explain some solutions to solve this problem?

Regards,

_____________________
This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs.

_____________________
This email and all attachments are confidential. For further important information about emails sent to or from GHD or if you have received this email in error, please refer to http://www.ghd.com/emaildisclaimer.html .
_____________________
This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs.
Re: Cisco IP Phones Forwarding [ In reply to ]
Hi mate,

Look up the CFA Destination Override service parameter.
If you set it to True it would allow 1001 to call 1000.
It is CUCM version dependent though, think it came out in 7.x

If you need to be fancier, you can look into IPMA where you can use rules
to re-direct calls to assistants or managers.

Cheers,

Tim