Mailing List Archive

T.38 Fax on CUCM 8.6
Hello,

I have some questions about CUCM 8.6 and fax transmission.

We are using Cisco ATA 186 to connect the fax.

The Call Manager is connected with a SIP trunk towards our provider. The
"Media Termination Point Required" is checked inside the sip trunk
configuration. This is checked because the provider's gateway has no
connectivity with the ATA or phones, only with the CCM.

So, two RTP streams will be initiated: 1) provider's gateway -> CCM and 2)
CCM -> phones/ATA.

Is there any way or any configuration to be done to allow the switch from
audio to T.38 when a fax transmission occurs from/to the outside?

Thanks.

Thierry
Re: T.38 Fax on CUCM 8.6 [ In reply to ]
ATA186 doesn't do T.38. ATA187 can.

-mn

Re: T.38 Fax on CUCM 8.6 [ In reply to ]
Make sure to put 'codec passthrough' on MTPs being used for fax. ATA186 and
VG248 only use NSE based faxing which means it has to use Cisco gateways
for faxing. ATA was also not designed for modems and has potential problems
there.

-nick