Mailing List Archive

VG224 and Faxing
I have users complaining about intermittent fax issues with an MGCP
based VG224 (working sometimes, sometimes not). The setup is as
follows:

PSTN->3745VGW->VG224->Fax Machines

I took the default config pushed down by Call Manger which doesn't
configure much: (All ports and dial peers look like this)

voice-port 2/0

dial-peer voice 99920 pots

application mgcpapp

port 2/0

Is there anything else I need to add to allow faxing to work more
reliably? There seems to be some type of negotiation failure as you
hear the incoming beep sometimes, but no connection is made.

Carlos
Re: VG224 and Faxing [ In reply to ]
Carlos,

Check out this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_configuration_example09186a008020160d.shtml

I recently troubleshot a similar issue and the fix was to disable fax relay.

Hope this helps!

Re: VG224 and Faxing [ In reply to ]
Since both my PRI gateway and VG224 are MGCP based I am going to follow
the instructions for MGCP. Did you disable fax relay on your VG248 and
on your voice gateway as well?

Re: VG224 and Faxing [ In reply to ]
Unless you are running Fax relay through your whole network........ TURN
IT OFF. My CMM VGW defaulted to fax relay and screwed up all my faxing.

Scott