Any idea's?
Spencer

Spencer Wood, Network Manager
Ohio Department Of Transportation
1320 Arthur E. Adams Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43221
E-Mail: Spencer.Wood@dot.state.oh.us
Phone: 614.644.5422/Fax: 614.887.4021/Cell: 614.774.3123
Re: Single Fiber Strand GBIC [ In reply to ]
On 23.08.2005 15:55 Spencer Wood wrote

> Slightly Off Topic here...
>
> We are needing to connect a couple of buildings together, but we only have
> a single strand of SM Fiber available. I know that Cisco had a SFP based
> product (1000BASE-BX-D) that works great, but I was wondering if anyone
> knows of a GBIC Based product that will perform the same function? The
> equipment we are connecting will not take a SFP (Cisco 4500 and 3550
> Switch), so GBIC's are our only option.
>
> Any idea's?

Have a look into the archives. The question popped upt at least two
times within the last three months.

You may also want to have look at
http://www.apacoe.com.tw/APAC/ShowProduct.aspx?CategoryID=11

Those are fairly cheap and have excellent reach (up to 70km). I'm using
a pair over a distance of 10km. The pair was about 800 Euro (~1,0000 US$)

Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold@nipper.de phone: +49 6224 9259 299
RE: Single Fiber Strand GBIC [ In reply to ]
Also,
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/so/neso/olso/nesocdwm/cgbic_ov.htm

Cisco CWDM GBIC Solutions, up to 4 GigE channels over a single strand.

~Matt

Re: Single Fiber Strand GBIC [ In reply to ]
I've not used these converters but the other Transition converts are a
little expensive but good.

http://www.transition.com/TransitionNetworks/Resources/en/PDF/TN_AppNote_sfiber.pdf

John Exum
Network Manager