but are planning for in in 2013.

TIA

Scott
Re: OT: 2960S [ In reply to ]
I had problems with stacking these when they first came out but I
think it was either a software issue that's been fixed or an
environmental issue where we were freezing the units in a room that
was too cold. Otherwise I don't think there's been too many horror
stories with 2960S's. I would rather spend a little more and install
4500-E's myself though.

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone using the 2960S series switches?
>
> Comments good, bad, or otherwise?
>
> We are looking at using them to replace our 3560's in the IDF's.
>
> Straight layer 2. We will stack them. Currently we are not doing any IPv6
> but are planning for in in 2013.
>
> TIA
>
> Scott

[stillwaxin@gmail.com ~]$ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory
[stillwaxin@gmail.com ~]$
Re: OT: 2960S [ In reply to ]
On 02.08.2012 18:07, Scott Voll wrote:
> Anyone using the 2960S series switches?
>
> Comments good, bad, or otherwise?
>
> We are looking at using them to replace our 3560's in the IDF's.
>
> Straight layer 2. We will stack them. Currently we are not doing any IPv6
> but are planning for in in 2013.
Have several 2960S ourselves, and some 30+ at a customer as distribution
layer ... solid switches, decently priced with good features available
in most any combination you may need ... haven't had any problems in the
year they've been in operations ...

-garry
Re: OT: 2960S [ In reply to ]
The first release of IOS that supported routing on 2960S was useless.

I deployed a stack of 4 2960S with about 4 or 5 vlans performing intervlan routing and a single static default route, and the individual switches would constantly crash and reload.

Had to wait nearly 6 months for a new IOS to be released to fix the issue.

Andrew Jones