Mailing List Archive

cisco core switch 6509
Dears

I have cisco core switch (VS-C6509E-S720-10G) , there is module 10G
(WS-X6716-10GE) was already installed on this core and was working fine
, but from yesterday this module not working I mean when I do " show
module switch 1 " to see the status it show me that all module status
PASS and this module OTHER .

I tried to :

1- reboot the core switch

2- change the slot where the module is installed to other slot

3- installing the module on other core switch

but I still have the same problem .

please advise .

best regards

osama hammoudeh

Re: cisco core switch 6509 [ In reply to ]
On 18/06/12 09:03, osama hammoudeh wrote:

> I tried to :
>
> 1- reboot the core switch
>
> 2- change the slot where the module is installed to other slot
>
> 3- installing the module on other core switch
>

> but I still have the same problem .

It sounds like it is failing the diagnostics, and probably needs an RMA
if you've rebooted/moved the module and the problem persists.

Check the output of:

sh diagnostic result module X

...but really, you need to contact Cisco / your reseller and get a
replacement, I suspect.
Re: cisco core switch 6509 [ In reply to ]
Hi, i think that module is in ROMMON mode, if yes boot manually .
bye.

Re: cisco core switch 6509 [ In reply to ]
It sounds like and RMA as others have suggested...

Is there anything in the logs or diag about the card to indicate why it is not coming up?

Is it showing as "pwrdown" on the sho mod output? If so, try 'power enable module 1' from conf t and see what it says in the logs as to it running diag and going to state of pwrdown. It should give a reason.

Any other changes recently?

Try removing the optics?

- Ed