VRF-Lite and IPv6...
After playing with a lab switch (3560X) today looking at some IPv6
features, we discovered you can't really do IPv6 VRFs on it.

The "vrf definition" configuration option doesn't like "address-family"
at all, so no IPv4/IPv6 bits there.

Is this an "under consideration" software function, or a
"forget-about-it" hardware limitation for the lower-end Catalysts?

Jeff

Re: VRF-Lite and IPv6... [ In reply to ]
AFAIK there is just LAN Base, IP Base, and IP Services now, IPv6 was rolled into IP
Services.

It was IP Services, 15.0(1).

Re: VRF-Lite and IPv6... [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:41:12AM -0400, Jeff Kell wrote:
> AFAIK there is just LAN Base, IP Base, and IP Services now, IPv6 was rolled into IP
> Services.

Didn't "they" promise us it would be in the same package that has the
corresponding IPv4 stuff?

So if something is in "IP Base" for IPv4, but requires "IP Services" for
IPv6, complain to your account manager, and point them at the Jon Chambers
"we're *so* committed to IPv6!!!" video...

gert
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025 gert@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de