StackWise Plus performance
Hi
I found in documentation that StackWise Plus is providing up to 64
Gbps of throughput.
But is it full-duplex (then 128 Gbps half-duplex) or half-duplex (then
32Gbps full-duplex) ?
Is it per one port ? Or both stack ports ?

Rob
Re: StackWise Plus performance [ In reply to ]
On 25/04/2012 13:18, Robert Hass wrote:
> I found in documentation that StackWise Plus is providing up to 64
> Gbps of throughput.
> But is it full-duplex (then 128 Gbps half-duplex) or half-duplex (then
> 32Gbps full-duplex) ?
> Is it per one port ? Or both stack ports ?

64 gigs half duplex, and that requires using the two stacking ports. For
more information, see:

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5023/prod_white_paper09186a00801b096a.html

quote:

> To efficiently load balance the traffic, packets are allocated between
> two logical counter-rotating paths. Each counter-rotating path supports
> 16 Gbps in both directions, yielding a traffic total of 32 Gbps
> bidirectionally. The egress queues calculate path usage to help ensure
> that the traffic load is equally partitioned.

Nick

Re: StackWise Plus performance [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> I found in documentation that StackWise Plus is providing up to 64
> Gbps of throughput.
> But is it full-duplex (then 128 Gbps half-duplex) or half-duplex (then
> 32Gbps full-duplex) ?
> Is it per one port ? Or both stack ports ?

just wondering why your company blocks access to google? ;-)

cisco provide plenty of white papers about its technology eg

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5023/prod_white_paper09186a00801b096a.pdf

alan