This initial release is billed as SXI1, does anybody happen to know in which SX release netflow support can (and should) be found?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/release/notes/features.html (release notes) are not helpful

Dave.

Re: ASN32 in Netflow (6500 / 12.2SX) [ In reply to ]
On 13/03/12 09:02, David Freedman wrote:
> Not seeing this in SXI3,

Are you using Netflow v9?

(I have no idea if it's supported, but I'm certain that, if it is, it
will require v9)
Re: ASN32 in Netflow (6500 / 12.2SX) [ In reply to ]
On 13/03/2012 10:44, Phil Mayers wrote:
> (I have no idea if it's supported, but I'm certain that, if it is, it will
> require v9)

+1

nf <9 hardcodes the as fields to be 16 bits. It's a TLV in netflow v9.

Nick

Re: ASN32 in Netflow (6500 / 12.2SX) [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:58:17AM +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 13/03/2012 10:44, Phil Mayers wrote:
> > (I have no idea if it's supported, but I'm certain that, if it is, it will
> > require v9)
>
> +1
>
> nf <9 hardcodes the as fields to be 16 bits. It's a TLV in netflow v9.

Now this is going to be interesting. Has anybody tested how "the usual
suspect software" reacts when fed with netflow v9 flows with 32bit ASNs?

gert

//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025 gert@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Re: ASN32 in Netflow (6500 / 12.2SX) [ In reply to ]
Phil Mayers writes:
> On 13/03/12 09:02, David Freedman wrote:
>> Not seeing this in SXI3,

> Are you using Netflow v9?

> (I have no idea if it's supported, but I'm certain that, if it is, it
> will require v9)

I'm pretty sure that on the Catalyst 6500, Netflow export for 4-byte
ASes is not supported until 15.0(1)SY1:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15.0SY/release_notes.html#wp4838634

Phil is right in that you do need Netflow v9. I think you also need the
newer "FlexFlow" implementation of Netflow that Cisco did for the
Supervisor 2T. I have no idea whether they intend to "backport" this to
older Supervisors - I suspect that these Netflow implementations are
quite different internally.
--
Simon.