If someone could hip me off list as to what a Proxy Registered Route
Object is, I would be grateful.
Google has presented too much information for me to glean through right
now.
It seems to be a favorite way to do something. I just can't figure out
what that may be. The routes I am looking at do not belong to people who
observe good net etiquette.
thank you, Richard

Re: Proxy Registered Route Object .... [ In reply to ]
richard,

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Richard Golodner
<rgolodner@infratection.com> wrote:
>        If someone could hip me off list as to what a Proxy Registered Route
> Object is, I would be grateful.
>        Google has presented too much information for me to glean through right
> now.
>        It seems to be a favorite way to do something. I just can't figure out
> what that may be. The routes I am looking at do not belong to people who
> observe good net etiquette.
>        thank you, Richard

a proxy registered object is just that: someone (a provider)
registered a route object on behalf of someone else (usually their
customer)

level3 (and others) generate their customer-edge routing policies
automagically based upon the objects...if there isn't an object for
that customer prefix, they will create one in their database. this
allows their less-clueful/poor-netizen customers to remain ignorant of
the process

/joshua
fools.
- Douglas Adams -