the directory, but I would like to know if it possible to make
Cherokee respawn the sources using another user.

Thanks
Re: Starting sources as a different user? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Voltron wrote:

> My Python backend sources always write log files in a certain folder
> relative to where they exist. If something happens, and Cherokke has
> to respawn any of the sources, they are run not as the original owner,
> but as the user www-user running Cherokee, that means no rights to
> write the log files anymore and the sources do not start.
>
> I have modified the logfile directory to allow the www-user to access
> the directory, but I would like to know if it possible to make
> Cherokee respawn the sources using another user.

If the backend is a source, and you make Cherokee spawn it, Cherokee
itself is running as root (but the worker works as www-user), Cherokee can
still spawn the Python script under another user.

Stefan
Re: Starting sources as a different user? [ In reply to ]
Aha, great, how? I did not find that functionality in the docs. Thanks

Re: Starting sources as a different user? [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Look the screenshot here[1]. "Execute as user"

[1] http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/config_info_sources.html

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Voltron <nhytro@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Aha, great, how? I did not find that functionality in the docs. Thanks
>
> On Jul 13, 9:57 am, Stefan de Konink <ste...@konink.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Voltron wrote:
>> > My Python backend sources always write log files in a certain folder
>> > relative to where they exist. If something happens, and Cherokke has
>> > to respawn any of the sources, they are run not as the original owner,
>> > but as the user www-user running Cherokee, that means no rights to
>> > write the log files anymore and the sources do not start.
>>
>> > I have modified the logfile directory to allow the www-user to access
>> > the directory, but I would like to know if it possible to make
>> > Cherokee respawn the sources using another user.
>>
>> If the backend is a source, and you make Cherokee spawn it, Cherokee
>> itself is running as root (but the worker works as www-user), Cherokee can
>> still spawn the Python script under another user.
>>
>> Stefan

Saludos:
Antonio Pérez
Re: Starting sources as a different user? [ In reply to ]
Thanks Antonio, must have been blind when I set up the sources :)