New issue 618 by bkjones: Preserve/forward geoip headers/data to info
source when used as reverse proxy
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=618

Currently, Cherokee's support for GeoIP includes creating rules that make
cherokee do different things based on the geoip data. However, what I'd
like to see is the ability to use cherokee as a reverse proxy that simply
tags the requests with the geoip data and sends them on to the back end
"information source" for processing by my application.

Re: Issue 618 in cherokee: Preserve/forward geoip headers/data to info source when used as reverse proxy [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Low Component-Logic Usability

Comment #1 on issue 618 by ste...@konink.de: Preserve/forward geoip
headers/data to info source when used as reverse proxy
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=618

I do wonder how this would work. Because it shoulds terribly application
specific. For example would you want to have a loadbalancer that allows you
to select 'country' and target. Or more like adding a header?

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-geopriv-http-geolocation-00>