Hi, > I found this relevant thread on the mailing list:
> However, these two branches are now 404ing:
> Does anyone have a copy of these branches?
Attached is a patch of the changes against Bricolage 2.0.1.
Please note, this is beta and only lightly tested and still needs a fair
bit of polish before considering merging into Bricolage.
If anyone wants to take it up and finds it useful, happy to help see how
we could merge it in.
If you are interested in trying this out and see if it something
suitable for your organization, the basic install steps are:
1. Install the prerequisites:
- abiword http://www.abisource.com/
- wvsummary http://wvware.sourceforge.net/
which handle the meta info extraction and text/style extraction.
2. Apply the patch. It's built against 2.0.1, and will alter the
following core Bricolage files:
It will install the custom code in lib/BricX (for lack of a more
suitable place). The configuration file that handles mapping of word
styles to bricolage elements is in:
3. Edit lib/BricX/Converter.pm and set the path to abiword/wvsummary
(currently hard coded).
4. Look at conf/word_import.conf and see mapping of styleesheet to
element types. I'd just stick with this for now, but should give you a
guideline for how to adjust to fit your needs.
5. Go to create new story, and you should see a upload file field.
Upload a word file, and you should see the new story pre-populated from
the word file. You can go to: http://gt.net/products/source/bric-word-convert.zip
to get a sample .dot and .doc file that is setup for the included conf
file which will hopefully get you started.
Hope someone finds it helpful and if anyone runs with this, let me know.
Our thanks go out to the people at WHO for sponsoring this, and just as
important, allowing it to go back to the community. =)
Alex Krohn <email@example.com>