Mailing List Archive

Occasional "%T / The time taken to serve the request, in seconds" inaccuracy in Apache/2.4.39 access_log ?
Hello,

I am running Apache/2.4.39 on Linux.

I am using a custom log format, and have included "%T / The time taken to
serve the request, in seconds" in my LogFormat command.

I occasionally see a real outlier number for that %T -- say 10 seconds or
more -- for a page element that almost always takes less than 1 second.

This number is not backed up by my firewall logging or my other logging --
they always show a much more realistic and reasonable number for that exact
request (as per timestamp and requesting IP addy).

Is it possible that %T is occasionally inaccurate???

Sorry if this has already been discussed (though I could not find it).

Thanks.

-RD

--
Rich