can someone please advice how can i start another daemon when apache starts on ubuntu, and if it fails write that error to my apache error log ?

ty.
Rajeev

Re: start another daemon when apache starts on ubuntu. how to? [ In reply to ]

http://upstart.ubuntu.com/cookbook/

--
Alex Bligh

Re: start another daemon when apache starts on ubuntu. how to? [ In reply to ]
Hi,
Don't really know ubuntu, but you could copy the init.d script which start
apache.
that's what i do on my redhat servers.

Adapt this file to point to your second deamon configuration:
- using httpd -k start -f <config_file>
- modifying the CONFFILE, and pidfile

then register this second deamon using "chkconfig -add"

Ivan