Mailing List Archive

My message to this list is being blocked as "SPAM"
The returned message:

---------------
The mail system

<users@httpd.apache.org>: host mx1.us.apache.org[140.211.11.136] said:
552 spam
score (6.6) exceeded threshold
(FROM_12LTRDOM,SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS,URI_OBFU_WWW (in reply to end
of DATA
command)
---------------

There's nothing "spammy" about the message, so one is left to assume
that the primary cause is the domain portion of my email address. A bit
aggressive on Apache's part.

Any suggestions as to how I might communicate with this list going forward?

Thanks,

-Ben

Re: My message to this list is being blocked as "SPAM" [ In reply to ]
Hello Ben Johnson,

> The returned message:
>
> ---------------
> The mail system
>
> <users@httpd.apache.org>: host mx1.us.apache.org[140.211.11.136] said:
> 552 spam
> score (6.6) exceeded threshold
> (FROM_12LTRDOM,SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS,URI_OBFU_WWW (in reply to end
> of DATA
> command)
> ---------------
>
> There's nothing "spammy" about the message, so one is left to assume
> that the primary cause is the domain portion of my email address. A bit
> aggressive on Apache's part.
>
> Any suggestions as to how I might communicate with this list going forward?

Do you have the sended original message?
(you can send it to me and I will check)

I assume, you where hit by "URI_OBFU_WWW" which absolutely sick because
this filter has hit me more then 30 times! I was not even to post a
question to rewite rules. :-S

> Thanks,
> -Ben

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack

Internet Service Provider, Cloud Computing
<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems@tdnet Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Strasse 3 Tel office: +49-176-86004575
77694 Kehl Tel mobil: +49-177-9351947
Germany Tel mobil: +33-6-61925193 (France)

USt-ID: DE 278 049 239

Re: My message to this list is being blocked as "SPAM" [ In reply to ]
On 7/26/2012 5:28 PM, Ben Johnson wrote:
> The returned message:
>
> ---------------
> The mail system
>
> <users@httpd.apache.org>: host mx1.us.apache.org[140.211.11.136] said:
> 552 spam
> score (6.6) exceeded threshold
> (FROM_12LTRDOM,SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS,URI_OBFU_WWW (in reply to end
> of DATA
> command)
> ---------------
>
> There's nothing "spammy" about the message, so one is left to assume
> that the primary cause is the domain portion of my email address. A bit
> aggressive on Apache's part.
>
> Any suggestions as to how I might communicate with this list going forward?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ben

I still can't get the original message through. The SPAM score is always
6.6, so the criteria by which my message is being scored is not changing.

It's somewhat humorous that talking about Apache will cause a message
sent to the Apache mailing list to be classified as SPAM and ultimately
rejected.

Has this not happened to anyone else? Should I shorten my message? Send
it in chunks? Stand on my head while I type?

Thanks for any hints...

-Ben

Re: My message to this list is being blocked as "SPAM" [ In reply to ]
I recommend mailing from a different domain name. "12 letter domain" is
still considered to be a significant indicator by the makers of
spamassassin.

-w