Mailing List Archive

Directory permissions
Maybe not a "pure" Apache question, but...

Using Apache 2.2.17 and Perl 5.10.0, a script [1] uses a temp directory for
read/write. When the directory is 755, the script can read but fails to
write a new temp file -- secondary result Apache outputs a *text* file for
*download* containing the desired html, rather than a "normal" html page.

chmod-ing the temp directory to 777 gives the desired, fully functional
result. I have not been able to find any documentation (either Apache or
Perl) on this subject.

Between the two sys-admins for this system, we have never seen Apache
bundle html into a text file and are scratching our heads as to why this
happens. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks - Paul

[1] after fully completing the form at
<http://navalmarinearchive.com/membership/member_form.html>