I have a webserver with 100 web sites in VirtualHosts, but one site only
don't have permission to display image files in any browser.
In Apache error Log, the message is:

"[Wed Feb 13 11:40:51 2008] [error] [client 123.123.123.123] (13)Permission
denied: access to /foo/pictures/picture.jpg failed because search
permissions are missing on a component of the path"

I'm checked the File permissions, and I'm setted 777 in the all directory of
this site, but this don't solve my problem.

Thank you.
Re: failed because search permissions are missing on a component of the path [ In reply to ]
On Feb 13, 2008 8:48 AM, Carlos Eduardo Maiolino <maiolinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello friends.
>
> I have a webserver with 100 web sites in VirtualHosts, but one site only
> don't have permission to display image files in any browser.
> In Apache error Log, the message is:
>
> "[Wed Feb 13 11:40:51 2008] [error] [client 123.123.123.123] (13)Permission
> denied: access to /foo/pictures/picture.jpg failed because search
> permissions are missing on a component of the path"
>
> I'm checked the File permissions, and I'm setted 777 in the all directory of
> this site, but this don't solve my problem.

Check every directory from where the file is located all the way up to
the root. It is likely one of the parent directories that doesn't have
search (+x) permission for the apache user.

Joshua.

Re: failed because search permissions are missing on a component of the path [ In reply to ]
Hello Joshua.

I has checked the permissions, and it's ok, acl's too. Is a other problem.

Re: failed because search permissions are missing on a component of the path [ In reply to ]
On Feb 13, 2008 11:10 AM, Carlos Eduardo Maiolino <maiolinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Joshua.
>
> I has checked the permissions, and it's ok, acl's too. Is a other problem.

Check again. The error message is clear. Apache is unable to access
the file because your file-system permissions are not correctly set.

See:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/13PermissionDenied
for more information on figuring out where the permissions problem is located.

Joshua.

Re: failed because search permissions are missing on a component of the path [ In reply to ]
The Permissions Are OK

Re: failed because search permissions are missing on a component of the path [ In reply to ]
On Feb 13, 2008 12:14 PM, Carlos Eduardo Maiolino <maiolinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Permissions Are OK

Start httpd in single-process mode under strace (or your OS's
equivalent) and you'll see exactly what syscall is failing. ("strace
httpd -X" and then make the request.)

There is nothing apache can do if the OS returns permission denied.

Re: failed because search permissions are missing on a component of the path [ In reply to ]
Hello, I solved the problem. Thankyou for all

The problem was a transparent proxy where the request was redirect