On 21.08.2012 21:25, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote: > Candidate binaries are available from http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/ -
> these do not yet constitute ASF releases. Win32 specific artifacts
> (x86 binary distribution and -win32-src.zip) will follow sometime later
> this evening.
> Feedback and edits to the draft announcement are greatly appreciated,
> since we need to better position 2.2 as 'just maintenance' and we can
> drop some of the 'shiny new' bits of that Announcement text, given that
> it is old hat now, and they should be reading the 2.4 Announce (which
> this document now links to).
> So, for your consideration, a vote...
> [+1] Release httpd 2.2.23 as GA
Build problems on SLES 10 when using bundled APR and OpenSSL 1.0.1c as
static libs. It's due to a bug in pkg-config on SuSe Linux, which does
not preserve order of -l flags when a.pc file also contains a
Libs.private entry. I built a pkg-config 0.23 which contains a patch for
that and the problem was gone. Not httpd's fault.
Problem with configure on Linux when using external PCRE in a non-system
path. configure puts -lpcre into the LIBS early and the later tests all
fail, when they try to run the contest binary, because the pcre lib can
not be found. IT#s a bit unfortunate, that all libs needed to build
httpd are added as libs during all configure tests after the respective
--with flag. Workaround is setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH just during
configure. Works out of the box on Solaris, because "pcre-config --libs"
on Solaris also outputs a "-R" flag.
Two failures only happen when I use a very recent LWP Perl module
(version 6.0.3 and above): tests 2+3 in t/security/CVE-2008-2364.t fail,
because the Perl client reads status 100 instead of 200 resp. 502.
Checking our logs indicates we did send the right status codes. So this
seems to be a test framework problem. Don't know how a workaround in the
framework would be.
Failed test 2 in t/ssl/extlookup.t and 9 in t/ssl/require.t - not a
- win32 artefacts not checked, because not yet available
- Signature and Hashes OK
- key in KEYS file
- gz and bz2 contents identical
- no unexpected diff to svn tag
- built and tested on
- Solaris 8+10 Sparc
- SuSE Linux Enterprise 10 (32Bit and 64Bit)
- SLES 11 (64 Bit)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5/6 64Bit
- builds fine using gcc
- out of tree
- with "all", "most" and default module sets
- with either default (static) or shared linked modules
- MPMs prefork, worker, event (where applicable)
- dependencies apr/apu/expat/pcre/openssl:
a) all bundled
- configure fails for external non system pcre
- test suite ran for all those builds with log levels
info and debug
- no test regressions w.r.t. at least 2.2.16-2.2.22:
- Failed test 2 in t/ssl/extlookup.t at line 27
- Failed test 9 in t/ssl/require.t at line 44
For details about both see my 2.2.19 voting mail.
- Failed tests 2+3 in t/security/CVE-2008-2364.t when
using LWP 6.0.3 or above