From: Jim Jagielski
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 4:05 PM Newsgroups: gmane.comp.apache.devel
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: T&R of 2.4.2 this week.

I'd like to T&R 2.4.2 this week in hopes of doing the actual
release early next week...

Comments?
Re: 2.4.2 Windows still beta. [ In reply to ]
I'm not sure how to resolve this... there are only a handful of
people who have ever hacked on the Windows stuff and they all
seem pre-occupied w/ other issues. Yeah, it bothers me, but
I don't know what can be done.

At the very least we are no longer holding the rest of the
2.4.x community hostage (by delaying releases) because of
Windows issues :/

We used to have access to Microsoft test environs, etc... maybe
we need to see if we can still have that happen. I might ping
Gianugo and see if we can get some MS support here.

Re: 2.4.2 Windows still beta. [ In reply to ]
Hi,
>> Noticed (no discuss) that AccepFilter https none is still broken.

> At the very least we are no longer holding the rest of the
> 2.4.x community hostage (by delaying releases) because of
> Windows issues :/

I realy understand Steffens point. But 2.4.1 with that issue is
already released. I think it is a good idea to release 2.4.2 even if
that is not solved yet like done with 2.4.1. And I also think that
Steffen means that it is not a show stopper for 2.4.2. The other stuff
is running well on windows like on the other OSs.

> We used to have access to Microsoft test environs, etc... maybe
> we need to see if we can still have that happen. I might ping
> Gianugo and see if we can get some MS support here.

That would be great if you can get some help there. There will be
windows tester if you offer a patch for testing :-)

Cheers
Mario
Re: 2.4.2 Windows still beta. [ In reply to ]
Putting Gav on CC, because Joes told me to talk to him.

> I'm not sure how to resolve this... there are only a handful of
> people who have ever hacked on the Windows stuff and they all
> seem pre-occupied w/ other issues. Yeah, it bothers me, but
> I don't know what can be done.
>
> At the very least we are no longer holding the rest of the
> 2.4.x community hostage (by delaying releases) because of
> Windows issues :/
>
> We used to have access to Microsoft test environs, etc... maybe
> we need to see if we can still have that happen. I might ping
> Gianugo and see if we can get some MS support here.

http://ci.apache.org/

* bb-2008: Windows 2008 (Standard) Server (VM run on Nyx VMware Server)

* bb-win7: Windows 7 Ultimate (VM run on Nyx VMware Server)

The question is: What kind of compiler suite do we have
installed on those machines (if any).
How fast can we get a build up and running?
Who can help? When? To get it up to speed?

Volunteers?

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org
GPG: 6880 4155 74BD FD7C B515 2EA5 4B1D 9E08 A097 C9AE