Mailing List Archive

list admin change - now at httpd.apache.org
Long before the Apache Project (a loosely affiliated group of developers)
became the Apache Software Foundation (an incorporated non-profit
organization), we were about much more than just an HTTP daemon. Recently
we split out the work focused primarily with HTTP and the original
web server to httpd.apache.org - and in keeping with that, we've now
renamed the announce@apache.org mailing list to announce@httpd.apache.org,
since up to this point that list has only been for announcements about the
web server.

At the same time, a new mailing list has been created,
announce@apache.org, for announcements of new releases that encompass all
ASF software releases, as well as for announcements related to the ASF as
an organization. It will still be a moderated, low-volume list. We did
not assume that everyone who signed up for announcements about the web
server wanted to get announcements for everything else.

To subscribe to this new list, please send an email to

announce-subscribe@apache.org

To remove yourself from this list for any reason, email