Any ideas how to get this working with their WHOIS server?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Adding additional WHOIS searches to RT - Nominet [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Alex Young
<AlexYoung@housingpartners.co.uk> wrote:
> Is it possible to add additional WHOIS server providers into RT/RTIR?
>
> None of the included ones will resolve .uk domains, and as most of our
> domains we deal with are .uk it's not  hugely useful.
>
> Nominet is the ccTLD for .uk domains and they run a normal whois service
> on port 43. Tried just adding new address and details within the RTIR
> config, but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> Any ideas how to get this working with their WHOIS server?

It should work just fine with regular whois servers. How does config
look like? Have
you checked system configuration page make sure config changes are active?

--
Best regards, Ruslan.
Re: Adding additional WHOIS searches to RT - Nominet [ In reply to ]
My RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set($whois, {
6 => {
Host=> "whois.nic.uk",
FriendlyName => "Nominet",
},
1 => {
Host=> "whois.iana.org",
FriendlyName => "IANA",
},
5 => {
Host=> "whois.ripe.net",
FriendlyName => "RIPE",
},
2 => {
Host=> "whois.internic.net",
FriendlyName => "INTERNIC",
},
3 => {
Host=> "whois.arin.net",
FriendlyName => "ARIN",
},
} );

The system configuration page is showing the above items under site config.

It is also showing as RTIR Core config, but without my additional whois server.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.
Re: Adding additional WHOIS searches to RT - Nominet [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:56:59AM +0100, Alex Young wrote:
> My RT_SiteConfig.pm:
>
> Set($whois, {
> 6 => {
> Host=> "whois.nic.uk",
> FriendlyName => "Nominet",
> },
> 1 => {
> Host=> "whois.iana.org",
> FriendlyName => "IANA",
> },
> 5 => {
> Host=> "whois.ripe.net",
> FriendlyName => "RIPE",
> },
> 2 => {
> Host=> "whois.internic.net",
> FriendlyName => "INTERNIC",
> },
> 3 => {
> Host=> "whois.arin.net",
> FriendlyName => "ARIN",
> },
> } );
>
> The system configuration page is showing the above items under site config.
>
> It is also showing as RTIR Core config, but without my additional whois server.

When it says "RTIR Core config" that means that RT is choosing the
settings from RTIR_Config.pm rather than your override in
RT_SiteConfig.pm. This is why it doesn't know to run against your
preferred server.

I don't think you mentioned your RT/RTIR versions which makes it hard
to point at the relevant line in the README about the config values.

-kevin

Re: Adding additional WHOIS searches to RT - Nominet [ In reply to ]
Hi Kevin,
I'm using RT 4.0.5 and RTIR 3.0.0rc1.

Shouldn't it pick the override up from the RT_SiteConfig.pm file? I looked at the RTIR_Config.pm file and it isn't named any different.

Thanks.

Re: Adding additional WHOIS searches to RT - Nominet [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 10:24:13AM +0100, Alex Young wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
> I'm using RT 4.0.5 and RTIR 3.0.0rc1.
>
> Shouldn't it pick the override up from the RT_SiteConfig.pm file? I looked at the RTIR_Config.pm file and it isn't named any different.

Trying creating an /opt/rt4/etc/RTIR_SiteConfig.pm file and seeing if
that picks up the change. If so, it points to some weird "order of
startup about it.

-kevin

Re: Adding additional WHOIS searches to RT - Nominet [ In reply to ]
I created the RTIR_SiteConfig.pm file and tried again with no luck.

There is no warning on startup about WHOIS in the apache error.log .

In /var/log/apache2/error.log I do see the following:

[Wed Aug 8 10:26:37 2012] [warning]: _options: parsed query string: google.co.uk at /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-IR/lib/RT/IR.pm line 463 (/usr/share/perl/5.10/Carp.pm:46)
[Wed Aug 8 10:26:47 2012] [warning]: disconnecting from whois.nic.uk at /usr/share/perl5/Net/Whois/RIPE/Iterator.pm line 63 (/usr/share/perl/5.10/Carp.pm:46)
[Wed Aug 8 10:26:47 2012] [warning]: Destroying Net::Whois::RIPE at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/HTML/Mason/Component.pm line 135 (/usr/share/perl/5.10/Carp.pm:46)

On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 10:24:13AM +0100, Alex Young wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
> I'm using RT 4.0.5 and RTIR 3.0.0rc1.
>
> Shouldn't it pick the override up from the RT_SiteConfig.pm file? I looked at the RTIR_Config.pm file and it isn't named any different.

Trying creating an /opt/rt4/etc/RTIR_SiteConfig.pm file and seeing if that picks up the change. If so, it points to some weird "order of loading" thing. There may also be a warning in your logs during startup about it.

-kevin

Re: Adding additional WHOIS searches to RT - Nominet [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 11:33:12AM +0100, Alex Young wrote:
> I created the RTIR_SiteConfig.pm file and tried again with no luck.

Is $whois is showing up properly under System Configuration?
It should read RTIR Site Config.

Also, check for the messages about loading during startup. You may
want to turn your RT logs up to debug.

-kevin