Hi,

as I am about to release a Java library that talks to RT's REST interface:

- Are there any restrictions on the license I can choose from?
- Is there anything else from your side I should keep in mind?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards

Benjamin
--------
Re: License restrictions on Java library for RT's REST interface [ In reply to ]
Please tell us more about this library in Java.

Cheers.

> Hi,
>
> as I am about to release a Java library that talks to RT's REST interface:
>
> - Are there any restrictions on the license I can choose from?
> - Is there anything else from your side I should keep in mind?
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply.
>
> Best regards
>
> Benjamin
> --------
> List info:

Walter Vargas
Cooperativa Venezolana de Tecnologías Libres R.S.
Coordinador General.
Re: License restrictions on Java library for RT's REST interface [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 18:07, Benjamin Boksa <mailinglists@boksa.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I am about to release a Java library that talks to RT's REST interface:
>
> - Are there any restrictions on the license I can choose from?

I don't think RT's license restricts licenses of client libraries
talking to the REST interface. License you pick for your lib may
restrict applications that are going to use it.

> - Is there anything else from your side I should keep in mind?
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply.
>
> Best regards
>
> Benjamin
> --------

Best regards, Ruslan.
--------
Re: License restrictions on Java library for RT's REST interface [ In reply to ]
Yes, i dont think that RT have licenses restictions.

+GPL or Aristic License.

Re: License restrictions on Java library for RT's REST interface [ In reply to ]
If you ever want your client to be packaged by Debian or Ubuntu, you should make sure the licence you pick is one of those they class as compliant:

http://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq.html

If you pick one of the compliant licences, you're pretty open-source friendly in general.

Tim

--------
Re: License restrictions on Java library for RT's REST interface [ In reply to ]
Thanks for all your answers - I decided to release the Java library (RT-REST) under the Apache License, Version 2.0 and release the RT and JasperServer integration toolkit (RT-Jasper) under the AGPLv3 (because JasperServer is released under the AGPLv3).

Guess that should be OK.

Now on to writing the release announcement ;-)