Hi everybody,
I'm new in this mailing list and my question is: is there a
documentation for OSPF API?
Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]
There are the RFC for OSPF: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2328 and OSPFv3: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5340.

And then there is some quagga-specific docs in quagga/doc dir.

-scott

Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]
Il 20/10/2012 18:58, Scott Feldman ha scritto:
> There are the RFC for OSPF: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2328 and OSPFv3: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5340.
>
> And then there is some quagga-specific docs in quagga/doc dir.
>
> -scott
>
> On Oct 20, 2012, at 12:42 AM, Rosario Mattera wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>> I'm new in this mailing list and my question is: is there a documentation for OSPF API?
Thanks Scott for your answer.
I know these RFC and in the quagga/doc dir there are only general
documents on the Quagga suite. Doesn't it exist a specific documentation
on OSPF-API (Java-like)?

Rosario
Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]
What are you trying to accomplish ?

Dinesh

Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]
I must to develop an application for my thesis and I would like to examine
a complete documentation on OSPF-API, to understand better this technology
and the function calls in the source code. Doesn't it exist a

Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]

Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]
On 23 Oct 2012, at 07:10, Rosario Mattera wrote:

> I must to develop an application for my thesis and I would like to examine
> a complete documentation on OSPF-API, to understand better this technology
> and the function calls in the source code. Doesn't it exist a
> specific documentation on OSPF-API (Java-like)?

I think you should just plan to infer the API from the source code (and perhaps document it as you go along for the benefit of all). I have to admit I don't get this "Java-like" chanting--the code is written in C.

Michael

Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]
On 23/10/2012 14:18, Michael H Lambert wrote:
> I think you should just plan to infer the API from the source code (and
> perhaps document it as you go along for the benefit of all). I have to
> admit I don't get this "Java-like" chanting--the code is written in C.

Really? I thought it was written in FORTRAN77.

Easy mistake to make, I guess - C / fortran / java. All much of a muchness
if you ask me.

Nick

Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]

> Hi everybody,
> I'm new in this mailing list and my question is: is there a
> documentation for OSPF API?

There used to be a web page for this but it seems to have been removed. I found a paper on it, though:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.9.5114

- Tom

Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]
A really cool application would be a command line interface into quagga to replace the vtysh application. Something that mimics the concepts in iproute2 so that Quagga configuration can be reduced to a bash script. If you're willing to take on that effort, we'll consider helping to fund you.

Cheers,

JR

Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]
My thesis is already assigned and I'm developing an extension to OSPF-TE.

Re: OSPF API DOCUMENTATION [ In reply to ]
Perhaps my English is too bad. I would like to know if there is a
specific documentation for the OSPF API as well as exists for Java
classes and other C standard libraries.