Hello
Does anyone know what happens when you have a FlexClone demo license that has expired and you have FlexClones that were created during the period the license was active, and you reboot the filer? Do the FlexClones still work? Do they get disabled but the data is still there? Do they get deleted? I was about to update a filer to 8.3.2P12 and AutoSupport correctly noted that this license had expired. Data on these clones is still used, of course, so losing it would be a terrible thing.

One thing that sprang to mind is that I am SnapMirroring these FlexClones to a DR site already, so I guess worst case scenario I need to mirror them back (though fully inflated they are about 6t each).

Ian Ehrenwald
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Hachette Book Group, Inc.
1.617.263.1948 / ian.ehrenwald@hbgusa.com

This may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete immediately, and understand that no disclosure or reliance on the information herein is permitted. Hachette Book Group may monitor email to and from our network.

Re: FlexClone demo license expiration and existing FlexClones [ In reply to ]
cmode temp licenses, if you get one are usually good for 30, 60 or 90 days
depending on how well your netapp buddy likes you

--tmac

*Tim McCarthy, **Principal Consultant*

*Proud Member of the #NetAppATeam <https://twitter.com/NetAppATeam>*

*I Blog at TMACsRack <https://tmacsrack.wordpress.com/>*

[image: TMAC-FlexPod-Design]
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/98732306-adc3-4cae-9053-1add747b8278/public_url>[image:
TMAC-SAN-ONTAP]
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/61c5eccd-1d1e-496b-a036-39d653ffff8f/public_url>[image:
TMAC-NCSIE]
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/367c462d-d58b-4cbf-9e8d-a5068b247cd6/public_url>[image:
TMAC-NCDA-ONTAP]
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/2dfa866f-c64c-4263-81f2-d2ab10b3641d/public_url>[image:
TMAC-NCIE-DataProt]
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/f9a7e5e8-9a75-494e-8da0-dd9a472d83e6/public_url>[image:
TMAC-FlexPodImpl]
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/1f3c559b-b7b5-475c-a9ee-bdf11029119e/public_url>

Re: FlexClone demo license expiration and existing FlexClones [ In reply to ]
The reason we had a demo license was kind of a 'get us out of a jam' situation that our VAR helped us with, and then we honestly forgot the license was there once that fire was put out almost a year ago. You're right, we should get a quote for a full license. Nothing was done with ill intent.

I think on Monday I'll ask our VAR for another temporary 30 day license and a quote for a real one. Thanks.