Mailing List Archive

Re: DS14 (LRC) - ESH2 Modules? - iSCSI settings backup with SnapMirror?
Hello Toaster,

thank you all very much for the prompt and lot of replies!

We where a bit confused, so we bought some DS14MK2 ESH2 Shelfs.

I connected the Shelfs, added a new Aggr and the two volumes we got,
root and vol0.
I setup SnapMirror for both and want to change in a downtime slot,
set the new root vol and rename the snapmirrored vol0.

But last time I played around with that - I realized that the iSCSI settings where
missing. Where are the iSCSI setting stored and how to backup, restore them?

Does someone know?

Thanks from Hamburg,

René

> Kennedy, Jeffrey <mailto:jkennedy@qualcomm.com>
> Mittwoch, 9. März 2011 17:47
>

> I remember a presentation on the failure topic at FAST 07 by Google. Here's the
> link in case anyone is interested.
>
> http://labs.google.com/papers/disk_failures.pdf
>
> Their correlation between temp and failure was interesting. Basically they found
> that high temperature is not a notable factor, but rather large fluctuations in
> temperature.
>
> An mildly interesting read unless you also like reading tech manuals, in which case
> you'll go banana's on it.
>
> Jeff Kennedy
> Qualcomm, Incorporated
> QCT Engineering Compute
> 858-651-6592

> Woods, Mark <mailto:Mark.Woods@netapp.com>
> Dienstag, 8. März 2011 02:00
>

> Hi René,
>
> The technical marketing engineer for NetApp disk shelves says that replacing LRC
> modules with ESH2 modules in a DS14 shelf for use with Data ONTAP 7.3 will not be
> supported and, more importantly, will not work.
>
> I recommend that your replace the disk shelves and the hard disk drives, which must
> be at least five years old at this time. Manufacturers design enterprise HDDs for
> five years of operation. The rate of failure increases steadily and substantially
> past that age.
>
> For this reason, NetApp does not support disk shelves aged beyond five years.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Woods
>
> Product Marketing Manager
> Solid State Products & Disk Shelves
> mark.woods@netapp.com

Telefonkonferenzen zum Festnetzpreis!

Einfach kostenlos Konferenzraum anfordern

http://www.talkyoo.net

René Bormann
Geschäftsführer

BB Tel GmbH
Jungfernstieg 30, 20354 Hamburg
Register: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 86074
Geschäftführer: René Bormann

Tel: +49 (0) 1805 - 65 777 777 *
Fax: +49 (0) 1805 - 65 777 799 *

http://www.bbtel.de