Mailing List Archive

Web Application and phone usage
Is there a theme or setting that makes the web app appear better on phones?
When I try to access my mythbox this way, many of the submenus appear
off-screen and I can't seem to scroll over to make selections.

Thanks.
Web Application and phone usage [ In reply to ]

Is there a theme or setting that makes the web app appear better on phones?

When I try to access my mythbox this way, many of the submenus appear off-screen and I can't seem to scroll over to make selections.

Thanks.

-------------- next part --------------

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Hi, I am experiencing the same thing. The work that has been done on the web page interface has been incredible and works great from a full size browser. However, from a phone browser, nothing scales and many functions are unusable.

Is there any plans to make it small screen friendly?
Thanks
Re: Web Application and phone usage [ In reply to ]
On 4/18/24 08:35, Tony Guadagno wrote:

> Is there a theme or setting that makes the web app appear better on
> phones?
>
> When I try to access my mythbox this way, many of the submenus appear
> off-screen and I can't seem to scroll over to make selections.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -------------- next part --------------
>
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

> ------------------------------
>
> Hi, I am experiencing the same thing.  The work that has been done on
> the web page interface has been incredible and works great from a full
> size browser.  However, from a phone browser, nothing scales and many
> functions are unusable.
>
> Is there any plans to make it small screen friendly?
>
> Thanks

I made some small changes to help with using it on a phone, for example
the left nav bar is hidden and the top nav bar has an icon to hide it.
If you hold the phone horizontally you can look at the lists, such as
upcoming list or recording list. Doing setup on a phone is probably not
going to work. Trying to schedule a recording will be a challenge.

There is nothing planned to make all of it work on a small screen. If
you have specific needs please open a ticket in MythTV and give exact
descriptions of what operation you are attempting and what difficulty
you have.

Peter
Re: Web Application and phone usage [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 18, 2024, 9:31?a.m. Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/18/24 08:35, Tony Guadagno wrote:

> <CABiY0=g5co9A2uy4RhiW3U4YMxt4QA2o5d-V8t9Vawa4QvcB+Q@mail.gmail.com>
> <CABiY0=g5co9A2uy4RhiW3U4YMxt4QA2o5d-V8t9Vawa4QvcB+Q@mail.gmail.com>

> Is there a theme or setting that makes the web app appear better on phones?
>
> When I try to access my mythbox this way, many of the submenus appear
> off-screen and I can't seem to scroll over to make selections.
>

> Thanks.
>
> -------------- next part --------------
>
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20240417/4cb01dcb/attachment-0001.htm
> >

> ------------------------------
>

> Hi, I am experiencing the same thing. The work that has been done on the
> web page interface has been incredible and works great from a full size
> browser. However, from a phone browser, nothing scales and many functions
> are unusable.
>

> Is there any plans to make it small screen friendly?
>
> Thanks

> I made some small changes to help with using it on a phone, for example
> the left nav bar is hidden and the top nav bar has an icon to hide it. If
> you hold the phone horizontally you can look at the lists, such as upcoming
> list or recording list. Doing setup on a phone is probably not going to
> work. Trying to schedule a recording will be a challenge.
>
> There is nothing planned to make all of it work on a small screen. If you
> have specific needs please open a ticket in MythTV and give exact
> descriptions of what operation you are attempting and what difficulty you
> have.
> Peter

Thanks for the info. It's mainly for creating a recording. You're out all
day and suddenly read that a show/special is on that you forgot to set up.
Used to set up recordings via mythweb when that would happen.

Re: Web Application and phone usage [ In reply to ]
> Thanks for the info. It's mainly for creating a recording. You're out all
>> day and suddenly read that a show/special is on that you forgot to set up.
>> Used to set up recordings via mythweb when that would happen.

I agree. I wouldn't expect to be able to do lots of setup stuff on a
mobile, but it would definitely be great to be able to schedule recordings.
That's almost impossible at the moment because the dropdown lists don't
work very well at all on a mobile.

Re: Web Application and phone usage [ In reply to ]
On 4/20/24 18:44, Phill Edwards wrote:

> Thanks for the info. It's mainly for creating a recording.
> You're out all day and suddenly read that a show/special is on
> that you forgot to set up. Used to set up recordings via
> mythweb when that would happen.
>

> I agree. I wouldn't expect to be able to do lots of setup stuff on a
> mobile, but it would definitely be great to be able to schedule
> recordings. That's almost impossible at the moment because the
> dropdown lists don't work very well at all on a mobile.

I would recommend for this case to install leanfront on the phone. It is
not available for phones from the play store but you can side load it
(see
https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront?tab=readme-ov-file#side-load
)

The program guide in leanfront does not work well on a phone, but voice
search is a better option. You can search for a program name. Touch on
the result and schedule a recording. All schedule options are available
and the navigation works.

Peter