was damaged, with the explosion icon in Leanfront. I looked and saw the
show was repeating Wednesday morning at 3 am. But it wasn't in the upcoming
recordings list. I went back to the damaged recording and chose Allow
rerecord. Still the airing was not in the upcoming recordings list. So I
had to go to the listing and choose to record it.

Do damaged recordings automatically rerecord, or am I forgetting some past
switch to have damaged recordings automatically do that?

Thanks.
Re: Automatic rerecord of damaged recordings [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 11:52:58AM -0400, Ian Evans wrote:
> Running v34 in my temporary setup.
>
> On my previous mythbox, damaged recordings would automatically rerecord if
> they aired again.
>
> Last night, I recorded a show off PBS. This morning, I saw the recording
> was damaged, with the explosion icon in Leanfront. I looked and saw the
> show was repeating Wednesday morning at 3 am. But it wasn't in the upcoming
> recordings list. I went back to the damaged recording and chose Allow
> rerecord. Still the airing was not in the upcoming recordings list. So I
> had to go to the listing and choose to record it.
>
> Do damaged recordings automatically rerecord, or am I forgetting some past
> switch to have damaged recordings automatically do that?

Re-recording only happens if the recording rule is a recurring rule.
IOW, if the recording rule is for a single recording and it is
damaged, it won't automatically re-record and you'll have to manually
create a new rule. For this reason, you should generally use find-one
rules instead of single rules.

David
--
David Engel
david@istwok.net
Re: Automatic rerecord of damaged recordings [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 3:55?PM Ian Evans <dheianevans@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do damaged recordings automatically rerecord, or am I forgetting some past switch to have damaged recordings automatically do that?

I expect a scheduler expert will
have a better clue, but...

Use cases vary, but as I recall if a
recording is damaged, in addition
to be marked as damaged, the
duplicate field in recording will
be marked as zero.

For some use cases you can
choose to change the duplicate
checking value from "All" (both
current and old), to "Previous"
(the names may vary in the
various parts of MythTV) and
the scheduler may re-record.

Or maybe I am making it all up.
Re: Automatic rerecord of damaged recordings [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 9, 2024, 12:50?p.m. David Engel <david@istwok.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 11:52:58AM -0400, Ian Evans wrote:
> > Running v34 in my temporary setup.
> >
> > On my previous mythbox, damaged recordings would automatically rerecord
> if
> > they aired again.
> >
> > Last night, I recorded a show off PBS. This morning, I saw the recording
> > was damaged, with the explosion icon in Leanfront. I looked and saw the
> > show was repeating Wednesday morning at 3 am. But it wasn't in the
> upcoming
> > recordings list. I went back to the damaged recording and chose Allow
> > rerecord. Still the airing was not in the upcoming recordings list. So I
> > had to go to the listing and choose to record it.
> >
> > Do damaged recordings automatically rerecord, or am I forgetting some
> past
> > switch to have damaged recordings automatically do that?
>
> Re-recording only happens if the recording rule is a recurring rule.
> IOW, if the recording rule is for a single recording and it is
> damaged, it won't automatically re-record and you'll have to manually
> create a new rule. For this reason, you should generally use find-one
> rules instead of single rules.

It was a special, so I had just done record this showing. I'll do "one
showing" in the future.

Thanks.