Mailing List Archive

MythMusic (was Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h))
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM, MythTV <noreply@mythtv.org> wrote:

> Author: Paul Harrison <pharrison@mythtv.org>
> Change Date: 2012-01-04T07:02:54-08:00
> Push Date: 2012/01/04 07:05:24 -0800
> Repository: mythtv
> Branch: master
> New Revision: 8e29824366e2957a0b9764d0e9abbfb850d80287
> Changeset: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8e2982436
>
> Log:
>
> MythMusic: Convert to MythUI and remove the last of the Qt3 stuff

Hi Paul,

I have been working on theming the new mythmusic. First off, I have to say
nice job. Huge improvement.

I do have one question/request. You are using a statetype called
"selectedstate", which takes states of "off" and "on". Is there a reason
why you did not just go with the statetype that is used everywhere else,
called "checkstate"? If there is not a specific reason, could you change
"selectedstate" to be "checkstate"? That would allow the themer to just
inherit the checkbox they have already defined for use elsewhere, instead
of having to define essentially the same thing, just with different names.
You would not need to take advantage of the "half" state generally used by
"checkstate".

If this change is going to be made, it is probably best to do it ASAP
before other themers start working on it.

John
Re: MythMusic (was Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)) [ In reply to ]
On 13/01/12 00:58, John P Poet wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM, MythTV <noreply@mythtv.org
> <mailto:noreply@mythtv.org>> wrote:
>
> Author: Paul Harrison <pharrison@mythtv.org
> <mailto:pharrison@mythtv.org>>
> Change Date: 2012-01-04T07:02:54-08:00
> Push Date: 2012/01/04 07:05:24 -0800
> Repository: mythtv
> Branch: master
> New Revision: 8e29824366e2957a0b9764d0e9abbfb850d80287
> Changeset: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8e2982436
>
> Log:
>
> MythMusic: Convert to MythUI and remove the last of the Qt3 stuff
>

> Hi Paul,
>
> I have been working on theming the new mythmusic. First off, I have
> to say nice job. Huge improvement.
>
> I do have one question/request. You are using a statetype called
> "selectedstate", which takes states of "off" and "on". Is there a
> reason why you did not just go with the statetype that is used
> everywhere else, called "checkstate"? If there is not a specific
> reason, could you change "selectedstate" to be "checkstate"? That
> would allow the themer to just inherit the checkbox they have already
> defined for use elsewhere, instead of having to define essentially the
> same thing, just with different names. You would not need to take
> advantage of the "half" state generally used by "checkstate".
>
> If this change is going to be made, it is probably best to do it ASAP
> before other themers start working on it.
>
> John

IIRC I just copied what Stuart had done for the playlist stuff in
playbackbox with the 'off' and 'on' states. I really don't mind either
way if you want to make the change go ahead.

Paul H.
Re: MythMusic (was Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv@sky.com> wrote:

> **
> On 13/01/12 00:58, John P Poet wrote:
>

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM, MythTV <noreply@mythtv.org> wrote:
>
>> Author: Paul Harrison <pharrison@mythtv.org>
>> Change Date: 2012-01-04T07:02:54-08:00
>> Push Date: 2012/01/04 07:05:24 -0800
>> Repository: mythtv
>> Branch: master
>> New Revision: 8e29824366e2957a0b9764d0e9abbfb850d80287
>> Changeset: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8e2982436
>>
>> Log:
>>
>> MythMusic: Convert to MythUI and remove the last of the Qt3 stuff
>>

> Hi Paul,
>
> I have been working on theming the new mythmusic. First off, I have to
> say nice job. Huge improvement.
>
> I do have one question/request. You are using a statetype called
> "selectedstate", which takes states of "off" and "on". Is there a reason
> why you did not just go with the statetype that is used everywhere else,
> called "checkstate"? If there is not a specific reason, could you change
> "selectedstate" to be "checkstate"? That would allow the themer to just
> inherit the checkbox they have already defined for use elsewhere, instead
> of having to define essentially the same thing, just with different names.
> You would not need to take advantage of the "half" state generally used by
> "checkstate".
>
> If this change is going to be made, it is probably best to do it ASAP
> before other themers start working on it.
>
> John
>

> IIRC I just copied what Stuart had done for the playlist stuff in
> playbackbox with the 'off' and 'on' states. I really don't mind either way
> if you want to make the change go ahead.
>
> Paul H

Ah! I see now. Okay, I will leave it alone then.

Thanks Paul.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.