Mailing List Archive

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)
On 04/01/12 15:05, MythTV wrote:
> Author: Paul Harrison <pharrison@mythtv.org> Change Date:
> 2012-01-04T07:02:54-08:00 Push Date: 2012/01/04 07:05:24 -0800
> Repository: mythtv Branch: master New Revision:
> 8e29824366e2957a0b9764d0e9abbfb850d80287 Changeset:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8e2982436
>
> Log:
>
> MythMusic: Convert to MythUI and remove the last of the Qt3 stuff
>
> This is far from complete and is subject to change but it's a start.

As I said in the commit message this isn't complete yet. There's things
I have to
complete, things that need testing properly and even more things I
haven't even started yet.
I'm sure there are many things that could be done better.

I really wish I hand the time and motivation to have finished this by
now but TBH I'm not
finding the MythTV project to be a very pleasant project to be
associated with since the
changing of the guard so to speak or maybe it's just me that changed:(

** Waiting to be cleaned up and committed **

A lyrics view

I have a proof of concept that works. Just need to decide the best way
to integrate it and
make it customisable using different sites for the lyrics etc..

A ice/shoutcast player

I had a very crude screen that partly worked but something along the way
got broken with
the player. Not sure if it was a bad merge or changes in ffmpeg I need
to debug and tidy this
up before I let it loose on some unsuspecting users.

A wikipedia view

This was working OK last time I tried it but needed Qt7 because of bugs
in Qt6
that break the custom css stuff required to make the web pages more TV
friendly.

** Stuff on my TODO list **

4:3 default theme

At the moment the 4:3 theme is non existent so MythMusic wont work at
all unless you
switch to a wide theme. If anybody wants to help out this is something
that I could do with
some help.

Visualizers

I had already started work on trying to make them MythUI friendly before
Mark K added his
stuff. The visualisers as they stand work but are very inefficient and
consume a lot of CPU
especially at high resolutions. I need to revisit them at some stage and
try and make use of
Mark K's work but don't really see how that's going to work at the
moment without juggling
some stuff around or duplicating some of the rendering code in MythUIVideo.

Storage Groups

MythMusic should be able to use storage groups but it's not something
that has
been very high on my todo list. Being able to both read and write any tags
makes this task a little more complicated and would probably mean adding
taglib
as a dependency to mythbackend or mythmetadatalookup.

Fingerprint Identification

This ties in with storage groups we need a way to identify a file even
if it has
been moved or renamed similar to what MythVideo does. Unfortunately we
can't use the
same hash algorithm that MythVideo uses because any changes to the tag
within a
track would change the hash. We could write our own hash algorithm or
use a preferably
open source third party fingerprint lib.

MusicBrainz has started to experiment with finger printing
(http://blog.musicbrainz.org/?p=945)
and have tentative support for Echonest's Echoprint system
(http://echoprint.me/). When I
test there system I wasn't all that impressed it failed to identify most
of the random selection
of tracks I tried, what's worst you can get different results depending
on the part of the track
you analyse.

Another possibility is Acoustid (http://acoustid.org/) which worked much
better in my very
unscientific tests I did. They have a api which allows you to search for
finger prints and return
the acoustid and/or any musicbrainz trackids that match.

I'm leaning towards acoustid simply because it worked in my tests and
seems to be well supported
but I would be very interested to hear any thoughts or experiences on this.

Support for the coverart archive

The new interface by default uses coverart extensively, you can use the
metadata editor
to search google to find and download the cover art for an album or
artist etc but
it would be nice to be able to do this automatically. MusicBrainz in
cooperation with the
Internet Archive have started a service that would allow us to do it
automatically so long
as we have a musicbrainzid to lookup the coverart for
(http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Cover_Art_Archive)

I've not tested this at all so if anyone has any experience with this or
any thoughts I'd be
interested to here them.

Support LastFM and Spotify APIs

I've not looked at this at all yet. I do know it's been asked about many
times though.

Paul H.

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv@sky.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Support for the coverart archive
>
> The new interface by default uses coverart extensively, you can use the
> metadata editor
> to search google to find and download the cover art for an album or
> artist etc but
> it would be nice to be able to do this automatically. MusicBrainz in
> cooperation with the
> Internet Archive have started a service that would allow us to do it
> automatically so long
> as we have a musicbrainzid to lookup the coverart for
> (http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Cover_Art_Archive)
>
> I've not tested this at all so if anyone has any experience with this or
> any thoughts I'd be
> interested to here them.
>
> Support LastFM and Spotify APIs
>
> I've not looked at this at all yet. I do know it's been asked about many

many users would love to see you (or anyone) work on this, if that's
any motivation?

I just wanted to throw out there that perhaps things like tag finding,
fingerprinting, and music service API support (ie lastfm, spotify,
etc) may be better implemented via a plugin architecture, so that
others can add options to use new ones?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
Paul,

This is GREAT that mythmusic now will have new features& consistent
look with rest of MythTV.
Milion thx for this.
I hope You will decide to still devote Your talent to MythTV project.
Loosing You will be clear loss to MythTV community.

I just pull latest GIT (v0.25pre-4025-g181529f-dirty-20120106) for
giving try for new mythmusic code.
Unfortunately launching mythtmusic gives me segfult (trace attached).
As I know this is very fresh code - I decided not filling bug report but
rather post this mail with attached trace.
I was trying it on 2 platforms: ArchLinux with Mythtv code compiled with
all standard options and minimyth. Both segfaults and I don't know why.
Maybe attached trace will be helpful to see what is going wrong.

br
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 06/01/12 20:07, Warpme wrote:

> Paul,
>
> This is GREAT that mythmusic now will have new features& consistent
> look with rest of MythTV.
> Milion thx for this.
> I hope You will decide to still devote Your talent to MythTV project.
> Loosing You will be clear loss to MythTV community.
>
> I just pull latest GIT (v0.25pre-4025-g181529f-dirty-20120106) for
> giving try for new mythmusic code.
> Unfortunately launching mythtmusic gives me segfult (trace attached).
> As I know this is very fresh code - I decided not filling bug report but
> rather post this mail with attached trace.
> I was trying it on 2 platforms: ArchLinux with Mythtv code compiled with
> all standard options and minimyth. Both segfaults and I don't know why.
> Maybe attached trace will be helpful to see what is going wrong.
>
> br

This should be fixed. Thanks for reporting it and supplying a backtrace.

Paul H.
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 04 Jan 2012 15:24:49 Paul Harrison wrote:
> > MythMusic: Convert to MythUI and remove the last of the Qt3 stuff
> >
> > This is far from complete and is subject to change but it's a start.
>
> As I said in the commit message this isn't complete yet. There's things
> I have to
> complete, things that need testing properly and even more things I
> haven't even started yet.
> I'm sure there are many things that could be done better.

In a word, BRILLIANT. It exceeds my expectations which were very high to begin
with. You should be rightly proud of it.

I've not really had the chance to poke into the depths but I've only found two
issues so far - a typo in the shuffle menu, 'Randon' instead of 'Random' and a
missing image mm_stopicon.png.

With a decent non-default theme it will really shine, the default look doesn't
do it any justice.

> Visualizers

Not working here atm, it says none are available and I can't find where they
would be selected. However I only habitually used the albumart visualiser in
the past so I'm not too worried about this for now.

> Storage Groups

I'd be willing to give this a go. Storage group support is high on my list. I
think it's reasonable for the backend to do scanning/tag reading to accomplish
this.

There is so much more to respond to but it's late so I'll do so tomorrow.

P.S. I have a question over how, or if, you can select an entire directory in
'gallery' editing mode?
--
Stuart Morgan
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 07/01/12 00:19, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 Jan 2012 15:24:49 Paul Harrison wrote:
>>> MythMusic: Convert to MythUI and remove the last of the Qt3 stuff
>>>
>>> This is far from complete and is subject to change but it's a start.
>> As I said in the commit message this isn't complete yet. There's things
>> I have to
>> complete, things that need testing properly and even more things I
>> haven't even started yet.
>> I'm sure there are many things that could be done better.
> In a word, BRILLIANT. It exceeds my expectations which were very high to begin
> with. You should be rightly proud of it.

Thanks that's high praise indeed coming from you :)

> I've not really had the chance to poke into the depths but I've only found two
> issues so far - a typo in the shuffle menu, 'Randon' instead of 'Random' and a
> missing image mm_stopicon.png.

Oh dear never spotted the typo and I've been using it for over a year
now! I added the missing mm_stopicon.png a few days ago and a few other
a day or so before that. I should have done a minor edit to theme.pro to
force qmake to recreate the make file but forgot.

> With a decent non-default theme it will really shine, the default look doesn't
> do it any justice.

I thought it was to good to be true :) Theming isn't my strong point but
I don't think it's that bad. I have been using it for a while now so
maybe I've just grown used it. There are a few things that do need
tidying up. A lot of stuff I added to make sure it was working OK like
the play count and last play time in the playlist were added to test
they were only being updated after the track finished playing for
example and can probably be removed now.

Nearly every widget is optional so while the default playlist view has a
lot of stuff on it your theme doesn't have to include it if you don't
want to. In fact everything on that screen is optional. Now that the
framework is in place is should be relatively easy to add any additional
text areas, images, statetypes etc that may be needed.

>> Visualizers
> Not working here atm, it says none are available and I can't find where they
> would be selected. However I only habitually used the albumart visualiser in
> the past so I'm not too worried about this for now.

Yeah. I've had a report off list from a user that all is not well with
the visualisers. I didn't spend any time reviewing any of the
visualizers changes before I committed it since a lot of it is probably
going to have to be changed to fit in with what Mark has done anyway. I
was in two minds whether to just completely disable them before I
committed but because they were working OK for me I left it has it was
but put in the disclaimer to say they needed some work. I'll take
another look later tomorrow when I get back to my dev system.

>> Storage Groups
> I'd be willing to give this a go. Storage group support is high on my list. I
> think it's reasonable for the backend to do scanning/tag reading to accomplish
> this.

Sure if you want to look at it.

> There is so much more to respond to but it's late so I'll do so tomorrow.
>
> P.S. I have a question over how, or if, you can select an entire directory in
> 'gallery' editing mode?

The only way at the moment is with the MARK keybinding (probably a bad
name for it now that I think about it) the default is the 'T' key which
is similar to what you did in MythGallery to mark images in the gallery
there. I did briefly try other more accessible keys like PLAY/PAUSE but
that quickly becomes annoying when you go to pause the music only to
find you've added something to the playlist instead and I know we are
trying to not overload actions like that anyway.

There should of cause be a menu entry to do the same which I will add
once I've worked out exactly where to put it. To me it should be easily
accessible rather than buried deep in the menu structure which is why I
was contemplating a context menu like the one I put in the in the search
view to see how I liked it. I'm still undecided whether I like it or
not. I'm open to suggestions.

Paul H.

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 07 Jan 2012 22:37:46 Paul Harrison wrote:
> I added the missing mm_stopicon.png a few days ago and a few other
> a day or so before that.

So you did, sorry I should have looked closer.

> > With a decent non-default theme it will really shine, the default look
> > doesn't do it any justice.
>
> I thought it was to good to be true :) Theming isn't my strong point but
> I don't think it's that bad.

Don't get me wrong, I just mean that the default theme styling isn't
especially pretty and that applies to all screens from Watch Recordings
through to the video UI. Since I chose it's sparse look and minimal it I guess
you can blame that one on me :) It's also possible just I've just grown over
familiar with it. So no criticism of what you've done there.

> > There is so much more to respond to but it's late so I'll do so
> > tomorrow.

Sorry day went by too quickly ...

> > P.S. I have a question over how, or if, you can select an entire
> > directory in 'gallery' editing mode?
>
> The only way at the moment is with the MARK keybinding (probably a bad
> name for it now that I think about it) the default is the 'T' key which
> is similar to what you did in MythGallery to mark images in the gallery
> there. I did briefly try other more accessible keys like PLAY/PAUSE but
> that quickly becomes annoying when you go to pause the music only to
> find you've added something to the playlist instead and I know we are
> trying to not overload actions like that anyway.

OK that makes sense. There's a binding we're using in PBB for toggle recording
in a playlist (TOGGLE_PLAYLIST iirc). This seems like a natural choice. Since
we'd be using the functionality in at least three different places it could be
a global binding which would make it consistent. I'm just stuck on where it
would belong on a standard remote but I suppose that's why we're also making
things available through the MENU.

> I was contemplating a context menu like the one I put in the in the search
> view to see how I liked it. I'm still undecided whether I like it or
> not. I'm open to suggestions.

I'll give it some thought.
--
Stuart Morgan
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 07 Jan 2012 23:29:40 Stuart Morgan wrote:

> sparse look and minimal

I was trying to say "sparse look and muted colour scheme". I should proof read
my emails before I hit 'Send'. :)
--
Stuart Morgan
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 7 January 2012 22:37, Paul Harrison <mythtv@sky.com> wrote:
>>> Visualizers
>> Not working here atm, it says none are available and I can't find where they
>> would be selected. However I only habitually used the albumart visualiser in
>> the past so I'm not too worried about this for now.
>>

> Yeah. I've had a report off list from a user that all is not well with
> the visualisers. I didn't spend any time reviewing any of the
> visualizers changes before I committed it since a lot of it is probably
> going to have to be changed to fit in with what Mark has done anyway. I
> was in two minds whether to just completely disable them before I
> committed but because they were working OK for me I left it has it was
> but put in the disclaimer to say they needed some work. I'll take
> another look later tomorrow when I get back to my dev system.

I should have posted yesterday when I tried out the new mythmusic for
the first time (very nice!).

In MusicComm::CreateCommon, m_visualModes = MainVisual::visualizers;
comes after the check for the number of visualizers at line 207. I
just moved it forward and the visualizers started working.

Paul - more generally, do you want me to look at optimising the
visualiser 'blitting'?

and is it sensible to start moving the visualisers to a common
location? I'm thinking either a sub-directory in libmythui or maybe a
lib of their own.

regards

Mark
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 08/01/12 09:43, Mark Kendall wrote:
>>> Not working here atm, it says none are available and I can't find where they
>>> would be selected. However I only habitually used the albumart visualiser in
>>> the past so I'm not too worried about this for now.
>>>
>> Yeah. I've had a report off list from a user that all is not well with
>> the visualisers. I didn't spend any time reviewing any of the
>> visualizers changes before I committed it since a lot of it is probably
>> going to have to be changed to fit in with what Mark has done anyway. I
>> was in two minds whether to just completely disable them before I
>> committed but because they were working OK for me I left it has it was
>> but put in the disclaimer to say they needed some work. I'll take
>> another look later tomorrow when I get back to my dev system.
> I should have posted yesterday when I tried out the new mythmusic for
> the first time (very nice!).
>
> In MusicComm::CreateCommon, m_visualModes = MainVisual::visualizers;
> comes after the check for the number of visualizers at line 207. I
> just moved it forward and the visualizers started working.

Doh! I should know better than to make changes late at night and not
test them before committing.

> Paul - more generally, do you want me to look at optimising the
> visualiser 'blitting'?

That's more your area of expertise so yeah that would be great thanks :)

> and is it sensible to start moving the visualisers to a common
> location? I'm thinking either a sub-directory in libmythui or maybe a
> lib of their own.

A sub-directory in libmythui sounds good to me but I'm cool either way.

> regards
>
> Mark

Paul H.
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 01/08/2012 06:27 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:

>>> Yeah. I've had a report off list from a user that all is not well with
>>> the visualisers. I didn't spend any time reviewing any of the
>>> visualizers changes before I committed it since a lot of it is probably
>>> going to have to be changed to fit in with what Mark has done anyway. I
>>> was in two minds whether to just completely disable them before I
>>> committed but because they were working OK for me I left it has it was
>>> but put in the disclaimer to say they needed some work. I'll take
>>> another look later tomorrow when I get back to my dev system.
>> I should have posted yesterday when I tried out the new mythmusic for
>> the first time (very nice!).
>>
>> In MusicComm::CreateCommon, m_visualModes = MainVisual::visualizers;
>> comes after the check for the number of visualizers at line 207. I
>> just moved it forward and the visualizers started working.
>>
> Doh! I should know better than to make changes late at night and not
> test them before committing.

Hi Paul,

I tried the change Mark suggested and lo and behold, the visualizers do
work. Of course, I had to go back into settings and change the delay off
of zero to get them to actually display. And once I worked out how to
cycle through the visualizers with the number 6 key, it triggered a
segfault. A bt is attached for that. It is consistent right after the
Piano visualization. I don't know if the problem is due to that specific
one or not. The Piano visualization seems to work fine on multiple
songs. It is switching to the next one (Spectrum) that the segfault
hits. I tried looking through the code but evidently I don't understand
just what is going on yet.

There is another oddity noticed in that after the segfault is
encountered and the mythfrontend is restarted, the visualizers are no
longer active. In fact, your new message about disabling the visualizers
(MusicCommon: Theme has a visualiser but none found - disabling)
appears. I have to go back into the settings and change something (I
usually change the delay) before the visualizers will display again.

Regards,

Bruce
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
>> I was trying it on 2 platforms: ArchLinux with Mythtv code compiled with
>> all standard options and minimyth. Both segfaults and I don't know why.
>> Maybe attached trace will be helpful to see what is going wrong.
>>
>> br
>>

>This should be fixed. Thanks for reporting it and supplying a backtrace.
>
>Paul H.

Paul,

2d3afb2c7eddc78ce3c5f5efff9202fc76ba020a perfectly solves issue. Thx.
Ahh - I must say this: mythmusic is so nice now.
I discover again how music listening might be nice :-)
-br
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 08/01/12 13:31, Bruce Taber wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I tried the change Mark suggested and lo and behold, the visualizers
> do work. Of course, I had to go back into settings and change the
> delay off of zero to get them to actually display. And once I worked
> out how to cycle through the visualizers with the number 6 key, it
> triggered a segfault. A bt is attached for that. It is consistent
> right after the Piano visualization. I don't know if the problem is
> due to that specific one or not. The Piano visualization seems to work
> fine on multiple songs. It is switching to the next one (Spectrum)
> that the segfault hits. I tried looking through the code but evidently
> I don't understand just what is going on yet.

This should be fixed.

> There is another oddity noticed in that after the segfault is
> encountered and the mythfrontend is restarted, the visualizers are no
> longer active. In fact, your new message about disabling the
> visualizers (MusicCommon: Theme has a visualiser but none found -
> disabling) appears. I have to go back into the settings and change
> something (I usually change the delay) before the visualizers will
> display again.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruce

Paul H.
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 01/11/2012 09:07 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> There is another oddity noticed in that after the segfault is
> > encountered and the mythfrontend is restarted, the visualizers are no
> > longer active. In fact, your new message about disabling the
> > visualizers (MusicCommon: Theme has a visualiser but none found -
> > disabling) appears. I have to go back into the settings and change
> > something (I usually change the delay) before the visualizers will
> > display again.

Some additional information on this. It doesn't appear to be related to
the segfaults from the Piano visualizer problem. That is fixed, BTW.
Nice job...

Every time the frontend is started the visualizers won't operate.
Exiting mythmusic with or without allowing the music to continue playing
and going into the setup is what triggers the visulaizers to function. I
only have to open the first page of the player settings. There is no
need to continue through to the Finish.

Bruce
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 11/01/12 21:51, Bruce Taber wrote:
> On 01/11/2012 09:07 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> There is another oddity noticed in that after the segfault is
>>> encountered and the mythfrontend is restarted, the visualizers are no
>>> longer active. In fact, your new message about disabling the
>>> visualizers (MusicCommon: Theme has a visualiser but none found -
>>> disabling) appears. I have to go back into the settings and change
>>> something (I usually change the delay) before the visualizers will
>>> display again.
>>>
> Some additional information on this. It doesn't appear to be related to
> the segfaults from the Piano visualizer problem. That is fixed, BTW.
> Nice job...
>
> Every time the frontend is started the visualizers won't operate.
> Exiting mythmusic with or without allowing the music to continue playing
> and going into the setup is what triggers the visulaizers to function. I
> only have to open the first page of the player settings. There is no
> need to continue through to the Finish.
>
> Bruce

I'm still scratching my head on this one :) I've tried many different
combination of settings and can't reproduce this at all.

Paul H.

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 01/14/2012 10:45 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> Every time the frontend is started the visualizers won't operate.
>> > Exiting mythmusic with or without allowing the music to continue playing
>> > and going into the setup is what triggers the visulaizers to function. I
>> > only have to open the first page of the player settings. There is no
>> > need to continue through to the Finish.
>> >
>> > Bruce
> I'm still scratching my head on this one:) I've tried many different
> combination of settings and can't reproduce this at all.
>
> Paul H.

How odd. This is consistent for me between two separate systems. One is
64 bit and the other is 32 bit. Don't know why that would be relevant
but thought I'd toss it in for good measure. Just checked on my main FE
(it is the 32 bit machine) and when music started the visualizer was set
to display bump scope. There was no display. I backed out, navigated to
the settings screen and brought up the first page of player settings.
After that, I escaped and went back to the listen to music screen. The
album art visualizer was showing a question mark because there was no
album art. Hitting the 6 key to show bump scope and any other visualizer
worked just fine.

I'll flip some of the settings to see if I can get it to change. If you
have any speculations on a setting or two that may have some affect let
me know.

My systems are up-to-date as of today.

Bruce
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 07/01/12 23:29, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Saturday 07 Jan 2012 22:37:46 Paul Harrison wrote:
>>
>> The only way at the moment is with the MARK keybinding (probably a bad
>> name for it now that I think about it) the default is the 'T' key which
>> is similar to what you did in MythGallery to mark images in the gallery
>> there. I did briefly try other more accessible keys like PLAY/PAUSE but
>> that quickly becomes annoying when you go to pause the music only to
>> find you've added something to the playlist instead and I know we are
>> trying to not overload actions like that anyway.
> OK that makes sense. There's a binding we're using in PBB for toggle recording
> in a playlist (TOGGLE_PLAYLIST iirc). This seems like a natural choice. Since
> we'd be using the functionality in at least three different places it could be
> a global binding which would make it consistent. I'm just stuck on where it
> would belong on a standard remote but I suppose that's why we're also making
> things available through the MENU.

We seem to be reusing the "NEXTFAV" keybinding to toggle a playlist item
in PBB. I don't see anything like TOGGLE_PLAYLIST being used anywhere
otherwise I'd switch to using that?

>> I was contemplating a context menu like the one I put in the in the search
>> view to see how I liked it. I'm still undecided whether I like it or
>> not. I'm open to suggestions.
> I'll give it some thought.

I'm going to add a context menu. Let me know what you think after trying
it for a few days.

Paul H.
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 14/01/12 17:44, Bruce Taber wrote:
> On 01/14/2012 10:45 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>> Every time the frontend is started the visualizers won't operate.

>> I'm still scratching my head on this one:) I've tried many different
>> combination of settings and can't reproduce this at all.
>>
>> Paul H.
>>
> How odd. This is consistent for me between two separate systems. One is
> 64 bit and the other is 32 bit. Don't know why that would be relevant
> but thought I'd toss it in for good measure. Just checked on my main FE
> (it is the 32 bit machine) and when music started the visualizer was set
> to display bump scope. There was no display. I backed out, navigated to
> the settings screen and brought up the first page of player settings.
> After that, I escaped and went back to the listen to music screen. The
> album art visualizer was showing a question mark because there was no
> album art. Hitting the 6 key to show bump scope and any other visualizer
> worked just fine.
>
> I'll flip some of the settings to see if I can get it to change. If you
> have any speculations on a setting or two that may have some affect let
> me know.
>
> My systems are up-to-date as of today.
>
> Bruce

This problem should be fixed now.

Paul H.
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h) [ In reply to ]
On 01/22/2012 06:23 PM, Paul Harrison wrote:

>>> This problem should be fixed now. Paul H
The problem is verified to be fixed with the latest changes.

Thanks,

Bruce