Mailing List Archive

Small Memory Footprint Ogg Player for Maemo4 (N810)
Hello,

I run navit on the N810 in my car and want to play ogg songs with the n810 in
parallel.

Unfortunately, the song playing gets interrupted from time to time, but this
is annoying. I am not entirely sure, if the processing power of the N810 does
not support to run both an navit map update and ogg decoding, though since
mplayer consumes below 10% I could imagine that memory is the problem:

PID USER STATUS VSZ PPID %CPU %MEM COMMAND
1688 user RW 25260 1662 7.4 19.8 mplayer

I want to try if a player with a smaller memory footprint, since about 8 MB of
swap space are in use:

~ $ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 126796 kB
MemFree: 1872 kB
Buffers: 28 kB
Cached: 37808 kB
SwapCached: 1408 kB
Active: 93396 kB
Inactive: 5376 kB
SwapTotal: 131064 kB
SwapFree: 123152 kB
Dirty: 0 kB
Writeback: 0 kB
AnonPages: 60836 kB
Mapped: 31528 kB
Slab: 13744 kB
SReclaimable: 2672 kB
SUnreclaim: 11072 kB
PageTables: 2028 kB
NFS_Unstable: 0 kB
Bounce: 0 kB
CommitLimit: 194460 kB
Committed_AS: 163816 kB
VmallocTotal: 122880 kB
VmallocUsed: 984 kB
VmallocChunk: 121880 kB
~ $

Does anybody have a suggestion for a small footprint oggplayer (would be nice
if it supports playlists)?

Does anybody have other ideas for memory saving on the N810?

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
Lärchenstr. 6
Re: Small Memory Footprint Ogg Player for Maemo4 (N810) [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I just found that the "built-in" media player plays ogg's flawless, while navit
is running. Trying to find a tool to create playlists now....

Thanks,
Rainer