Mailing List Archive

Maemo Community Award - (self) Nomination
Hi,

My name is Felipe Crochik (my nickname is "fcrochik" -
http://maemo.org/profile/view/fcrochik/) I have been a member since 2007
(didn't get a chance to own a 770 but started with the 800 and have never
stopped). I was also a member of the council for a term but unfortunately
can't say that we managed to accomplish nearly as much as I had hopped.

As I am a developer by trade I have to hope/assume my best contributions
are the applications I have made available to the community.

For the N900:

MyContacts
GeePS
WakeOnLAN
MobWebMail
dbBrowser
Macuco (based on Paulo Cesar's work)
Communi (just package for the n900)

Combined they have been downloaded over 600k times, almost all are
available from extras: http://www.crochik.com/maemo5

For Harmattan I have developed:

GApp
Shutdown
QuickCall
WakeOnLAN

They are all available from the ovi store:
http://store.ovi.com/publisher/Crochik%20Software/

I have received a N950 but would love to be recognized and awarded a N9. If
nothing else please consider this to be my invitation for "you" to try my
applications - I invest a lot of time on them and do appreciate any
feedback!

p.s. Seeing all these self nominations gives me a warm feeling! It is very
nice to be reminded of all the great things created by this community and
how involved people were/are against all the odds.

BR,
Felipe
Re: Maemo Community Award - (self) Nomination [ In reply to ]
I’ve found reading the various nominations quite fascinating today, and am really encouraged to read just how alive maemo/meego/harmattan still is. I made a joke about nominating myself, and at the suggestion of a few folk on Twitter I’m putting my name into the hat.
If I were a member of the Council choosing people to award devices to, I would probably put my name bottom of the list. I am not a dev, and probably never will be. I was very active on tmo back in the day, and was (and think I probably officially still am) a mod at meego.com. I have done a few strange bits and pieces using my skills in community building, pastoral care, proof reading and thinking up Sheep. My most recent contribution to the community was editing the wiki page about the awards as I’m a pedant about the proper use of apostrophes. (Pleased to see my account is still active!)
If I were to be awarded a device I would not use it for development, sadly lacking those skills. I would blog about it, and might be tempted back to the community enough to remove more apostrophes from the wiki. I have no strong feelings about which device, as I am, I confess, currently using a Galaxy S2.
My username is RevdKathy, and I was once a member of the council. I had a brilliant, brilliant time as a member of the maemo/meego community, met some amazing people and learned so much about honest decent humanity from people quietly making a difference with devices. My account details are here: http://maemo.org/profile/view/revdkathy/
Thank you for continuing with this wonderful enterprise.
Kathy
Re: Maemo Community Award - (self) Nomination [ In reply to ]
RevdKathy, it's mandatory to define to which device (or both) you are
participating.

2012/5/28 Revd Kathy Smith <kathy@revdkathy.com>

> I’ve found reading the various nominations quite fascinating today, and
> am really encouraged to read just how alive maemo/meego/harmattan still is.
> I made a joke about nominating myself, and at the suggestion of a few folk
> on Twitter I’m putting my name into the hat.
>
> If I were a member of the Council choosing people to award devices to, I
> would probably put my name bottom of the list. I am not a dev, and probably
> never will be. I was very active on tmo back in the day, and was (and think
> I probably officially still am) a mod at meego.com. I have done a few
> strange bits and pieces using my skills in community building, pastoral
> care, proof reading and thinking up Sheep. My most recent contribution to
> the community was editing the wiki page about the awards as I’m a pedant
> about the proper use of apostrophes. (Pleased to see my account is still
> active!)
>
> If I were to be awarded a device I would not use it for development,
> sadly lacking those skills. I would blog about it, and might be tempted
> back to the community enough to remove more apostrophes from the wiki. I
> have no strong feelings about which device, as I am, I confess, currently
> using a Galaxy S2.
>
> My username is RevdKathy, and I was once a member of the council. I had
> a brilliant, brilliant time as a member of the maemo/meego community, met
> some amazing people and learned so much about honest decent humanity from
> people quietly making a difference with devices. My account details are
> here: http://maemo.org/profile/view/revdkathy/
>
> Thank you for continuing with this wonderful enterprise.
>
> Kathy

Iván Gálvez Junquera
Re: Maemo Community Award - (self) Nomination [ In reply to ]
"Iván Gálvez Junquera" <ivgalvez@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Sorry - thought it was clear. I don't have either device so would be happy to receive either.

Thanks

Kathy
Re: Maemo Community Award - (self) Nomination [ In reply to ]
On Monday, May 28, 2012 5:24:35 PM Iván Gálvez Junquera wrote:
> Considering that Muhammad has failed to provide necessary information about
> his identity, his nomination has been discarded.

Did I miss somewhere these rules were put down?
I saw http://maemo.org/community/council/device_program-12-community_awards/ ,
but it doesn't say anything about providing identity info in the submission,
and implies both prizes will be considered unless you explicitly say you don't
wish to be considered for one.

For what it's worth:
- My intention was to be considered for both N950 and N9, though I prefer the
N950 since I can support both devices with one. Please append " (will also
accept N9)" to the wiki page (found via a separate Google search) for me.
- My maemo.org profile is http://maemo.org/profile/view/luke-jr/ but I haven't
really used it much (I'm more comfortable with git :) ).
- My full name is Luke Dashjr, and I would prefer to convey my current mailing
address in private

Thanks,

Luke
Re: Maemo Community Award - (self) Nomination [ In reply to ]
Luke-jr,

Your submission was already processed and has been added to the
Wiki<http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Awards#Submissions>page. This
message wasn't directed to you.

mailing list but didn't provide his maemo.org profile or TMO account, even
after waiting the whole day to receive more information from him.

It's a nonsense to try to opt to a prize for relevant Maemo.org community
members without even being a member, so this submission has been discarded.

According to the text from your submission:
"I'd much prefer a N950, as it has a keyboard and is a feature-superset of
the
N9 (so my Gentoo port should automatically support the latter)."

I thought you were opting only for a N950. I will change as it was a
misunderstood.

--
Iván Gálvez Junquera