I've been a maemo user from the N800 days, although I actually started with the 770 when it dropped in price due to the release of the N800.. I've been an avid follower of TMO since its ITT days. As a council member I would strive for more transparency in council actions. As a starting point I would ensure that announcements would be made weekly through the council blog, with a new post to the ask a council thread on TMO as well.

Joseph Charpak
josephcharpak@comcast.net
Re: I nominate myself (jcharpak) for council member [ In reply to ]
Would you elaborate a bit on what do you plan to do being a member of the Maemo Council, besides making a weekly announcements?

Ivaylo Dimitrov
(freemangordon@TMO)

Относно: I nominate myself (jcharpak) for council member
До: maemo-community@maemo.org
Изпратено на: Вторник, 2012, Април 3 17:28:43 EEST

Hi, my name is Joseph Charpak, My username on maemo.org is jcharpak.

I nominate myself for council member.
In case it is formally necessary to accept your own nomination when you nominate yourself, then I formally accept.

Re: I nominate myself (jcharpak) for council member [ In reply to ]
On 3 April 2012 15:28, JOSEPHCHARPAK <josephcharpak@comcast.net> wrote:
> my name is Joseph Charpak, My username on maemo.org is jcharpak.
>
> I nominate myself for council member.  In case it is formally necessary to
> accept your own nomination when you nominate yourself, then I formally
> accept.

It's not ;-)

> As a council member I would strive for more transparency in council
> actions. As a starting point I would ensure that announcements would
> be made weekly through the council blog, with a new post to the ask
> a council thread on TMO as well.

Could you expand on your vision for the community?

What are your thoughts on integrating Harmattan and potentially even
Meltemi into the Maemo community and maemo.org?

As you're probably aware, there's a discussion on TMO[1] which touches
upon many of the things which will be important in this election. Do
you agree there's been a breakdown in communication between Nokia,
Nemein and the council; and the council and the community? If so, how
do we fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

PS. Has anyone set up an election page on the wiki yet, which can
gather together
candidates' declarations?

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/
Re: I nominate myself (jcharpak) for council member [ In reply to ]
Hi Joseph,

On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 14:28 +0000, JOSEPHCHARPAK wrote:
> I nominate myself for council member.

Could you please answer the followup questions to your email by Andrew
and Ивайло if you find time?
Would be heplful for the community to decide who to vote for.

Thanks,
andre
--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)