I have increased PROCESS_INFO_SIZE to 1024 bytes and the "string overflowed buffer" message is gone, but now I get error like in subject while restarting Exim...

--
Marcin Krol

Re: shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory [ In reply to ]
Marcin Krol <admin@domeny.pl> (Mo 24 Sep 2007 18:46:10 CEST):
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have increased PROCESS_INFO_SIZE to 1024 bytes and the "string overflowed buffer" message is gone, but now I get error like in subject while restarting Exim...

What does "pwd -P" tell you (if you've /bin/bash). What happens if you
"cd ." or "cd `pwd`"?

Best regards from Dresden
Viele Grüße aus Dresden
Heiko Schlittermann
Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -
Re: shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory [ In reply to ]
Hello Heiko,
>> I have increased PROCESS_INFO_SIZE to 1024 bytes and the "string overflowed buffer" message is gone, but now I get error like in subject while restarting Exim...
>>

> What does "pwd -P" tell you (if you've /bin/bash).

/root

> What happens if you
> "cd ." or "cd `pwd`"?

The same, I stay in /root.

--
Marcin Krol

Re: shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory [ In reply to ]
Hello Heiko,

> What does "pwd -P" tell you (if you've /bin/bash). What happens if you
> "cd ." or "cd `pwd`"?

I rebooted the host and the message while restarting is gone.

What the?!

--
Marcin Krol

Re: shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory [ In reply to ]
Marcin Krol <admin@domeny.pl> (Mo 24 Sep 2007 21:12:45 CEST):
> Hello Heiko,
>
> > What does "pwd -P" tell you (if you've /bin/bash). What happens if you
> > "cd ." or "cd `pwd`"?
>
> I rebooted the host and the message while restarting is gone.
> What the?!

I don't know how you restarted your exim.

The message you saw I know if somebody changed the permissions on a
parent directory or if my working directory doesn't exist anymore.

$ mkdir x
$ cd x
$ rmdir ../x
$ bash
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

--
Heiko